Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Out of Ideas and Frustrated

Okay... anyone?

Re: Re: Out of Ideas and Frustrated

Hi,

I can relate to this problem having been a nanny for many years and dealing with Spoilt children. And unfortunately i do believe that spoilt children do go rotten.
I think the most important thing here to remember is that it is not the little girls fault. She has only been brought up this way, and it is therefore the fault of the parents and other family members. Children like this find it incredibly difficult to understand why they can't get their own way when they scream and shout when it normally works? I would be confused to.
If she hasn't been taught that manners and respect get you what you want, but that being diffucult does - why would she want to change?
I buildt a 'seperate' relationship with the girl i nannied for away from her parents. This took a long time, and lots of patience. I suppose i had to do this as my job relied on my relationship with her, as i believed i was putting her at risk if i couldn't control her. I done this bu ignoring her bad behaviour, and i mean completely ignoring it. If she done something nice or good then the rewards would be great. I also used different words other then 'bad or naughty' like 'dissapointing and unkind' this seemed to help as she was used to people telling her she was naughty but not used to being unkind. I could ramble on - but i am not sure if this will be of help or not - if you want me to continue to tell you i shall!! Just let me know via here!! Good luck!