Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: #2 potty training

Thats a brilliant idea. I too have problems with my 2 1/2 yr old. he knows what to do but is so fussy about new things he cries even when I suggest putting pants over his nappies. He starts nursery in September so I want him out of nappies by then. My first son was brilliant at weeing in the toilet like a big boy but I too had problems with pooing. He used to ask for a nappy to do a poo. So I used to put him on the toilet with nappy but tear the back of the nappy so the poo would fall through the nappy and into the toilet. This worked but he still insisted on wearing a nappy on the toilet. The next time he wanted to do a poo I told him I had run out of nappies and he would have to either poo his pants or sit on the toilet. He pooed his pants, although he did manage to make it to the cloakroom beforehand. That was the last time he asked for a nappy and since then has pooed in the loo. Now you would think that a second child would be a piece of cake. I wish. He is so set in his ways and hates change of any sort, even wearing new clothes, shoes and even different makes of nappies.

Re: #2 potty training

did you ever resolve your son's pooping on the potty. i looked at the replies to your e-mail and i have tried everything.....

Re: Re: #2 potty training

Yes, I did finally resolve it. We tried everything people recomended to us. The charts, the rewards, nothing worked. Finally my husband came up with a brilliant idea. We sat him on the potty and put a portable dvd player on a stool. He was only allowed to watch his FAVORITE buzz lightyear movie on the potty. He would sit for 20 minutes or so at a time then we let him get up for 15 minutes or so. This went on for a few hours and then he did it. He got to call Buzz Lightyear (my brother in law did a great Buzz voice) and he was so excited. The next day it took about half the time. The next day after that he asked US and it was done. I was so excited. But he still talks about getting to call Buzz (which we let him do every time he pooped for a month or so). Good luck to you... and wish me luck, another year and my younger son will be at that same spot too... take care.