Practical Parenting Advice Online Parenting Course

Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Six year old's strange behavior.... or maybe its not strange.

I just found out that my six year old has been playing "kiss the 'hotdog'" with another little boy from school. I found out because he has now done it with my three year old nephew. Is this common among boys this age or do I have a BIG problem?

Re: Six year old's strange behavior.... or maybe its not strange.

It probably isn't too abnormal but it is behaviour I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with. You need to give him a talk about private parts and how he shouldn't be touching or allowing anyone to touch his no matter who. He should be able to understand that at his age. I wouldn't be leaving him alone with the nephew either. I believe you should try to nip this behaviour in the bud ASAP before you have a big problem.

Re: Re: Six year old's strange behavior.... or maybe its not strange.

personally i think its perfectly normal, my eight year old was trying to stick his "hot dog" up another boys butt! LOL! kids these days!

Re: Re: Re: Six year old's strange behavior.... or maybe its not strange.

I'm very surprised at the last response as I think this is behaviour that is acceptable till a certain age because you dont want to be giving them a complex when they are too young BUT at eight I would certainly be telling him to keep it in his pants!! - Quite honestly I don't think it is a LOL manner and am shocked by the apparently lack of seriousness in the response. When children are young they will explore but not at 8. I agree that the 6 year old should be told there are certain things that are for the privacy of your bedroom or toilet and not to be showing it off - buy him a toy if you want him to be showing of. Fiona

Re: Six year old's strange behavior.... or maybe its not strange.

Children are naturally curious r.e their bodies and often when young want to find out about the male and female anatomy but this behavior ( as a mother would disturb me) as often it has been shown that children who have suffered abuse perform rituals such as these on their peers.