Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
late birth

hi.angela,my partner is now 40 weeks plus 2 days! no signs of labor yet. shes getting very concerned because her last baby was 2weeks late and she was told the baby was lucky to survive as the placenta had almost died.she has told the midwife all about this,however her the records from the birth have been lost!baby still seems to be moving ok but not as much as before.midwife wont listen to our concerns. anyone else been in similar position? thank you

Re: late birth

Hi

Just to put you at ease, my daughter was a full 2 weeks late and is absolutely fine (now nearly 9 years old). Have you asked your midwife about getting the baby induced? Mine had to be induced when I was 10 days late, then still took 2 days to arrive!

All best wishes for the birth (and if the midwife won't listen, try your doctor)

Fiona

Re: Re: late birth

THANK YOU

Re: Re: Re: late birth

I've had four babies all 2 weeks late, there all perfectly fine! What happens in one pregnancy isn't the same as in another, try not to worry and speak to your doctor if your at all concerned. The baby won't move so much now as it will have run out of space. You could ask if the midwife would do a sweep, I think its usual to make an date for induction after 7 days now and off course theres lots of old wives tales you could try,they'll keep your mind busy if nothing else.

Good luck and come back and let us know how the big event goes

Re: Re: Re: Re: late birth

I heard somewhere that labour can be naturally induced by the the 3 H's

Hot bath,
Hot curry
Hot.... "the thing that got you pregnant in the first place".

Sounds like a good night to me, you won't be doing anything like that for a few weeks ;-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: late birth

TRIED THE HOT BATH AND HOT CURRY,PARTNER NOT KEEN ON THE OTHER AT MO!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: late birth

Don't worry, nature will take its course! My children were 14 days and 9 days late. They just weren't cooked enough!

Have you asked your midwife for a sweep?
Is your partner having Braxton Hicks contractions?

Don't get induced unless you really have to

Re: Re: Re: Re: late birth

tar.midwife did a sweep 2 days ago but it didnt work! will let yoy know!

Re: late birth

I drank a cup of Raspberry Tea and within a few hours my contractions started. I had read that you shouldn't drink Herbal Raspberry Tea during pregnancy due to the danger of early onset of labour. Whether it was pure coincidence I'll never know for sure until I do it again on my next pregnancy!