Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wetting - 4 1/2 yrs old

was she worried about starting school perhaps? do you know that everything is ok at school? do you make sure she goes to the loo right before she goes to bed and does she have anything to drink after say 6/7pm? does she like her bed? (silly question - i know) but we bought my 4 yr old a new "big bed" and we have never had any wetting problems!

Re: Wetting - 4 1/2 yrs old

Hi,

Well, if you're dead against it, you have the last word on medication, as the parent you can refuse it, but a visit to the GP wouldn't hurt, at least to rule out any recurrent water infection, or perhaps a developmental delay.

Does she know to wipe her bottom from front to back? This can be the cause of irritation and infection in little girls who are just learning to be responsible for their own hygiene. Perhaps using moist toilet wipes may help here too.

She is still very young, I'm working as a student Teaching Assistant in primary school, and even in the 7 year olds we do get some kids who have accidents. Perhaps this is just something that she will grow out of.

Good luck

Liz x