Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
teen age daughters - HELP!!!!!

Is it too late to get help for my teenaged daughters (12 & 14)? I've been inconsistent with discipline all their lives, and now I'm paying for it with disrespect, attitude, behavior issues (mostly at home, in school, they are angels, talking back, etc. It makes life at our house unbearable at times! Any suggestions where I could turn for help?

Re: teen age daughters - HELP!!!!!

My girls are 13 and 14. I know exactly how you feel!!!! I think it's the age. Try taking away the things they like the most. The key is to only take it for the day. If they are mouthy or disrespectful take it away for that day and the next day they get a fresh start. Good Luck!

Re: Re: teen age daughters - HELP!!!!!

I don't recommend taking things away. That's punishment and control. It makes teen rebel even more. It is not because you made a mistake. It is normal. Just respect, love and create clear guidlines. Read the book, Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves, which you can get from amazon. It is fantastic. Helped me more than anything.
It will help you know how to talk to them so they respond to you and so they care.