Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: 5 year old with possible Aspergers and behavior worsening....

Thanks Matt,

Your message made me think, as recently my son has started to be better behaved at school.

So it could possibly be where he is controlling himself better at school he needs to let off steam at home???

What a relief, it's nice to know that this is just a normal thing and hopefully nothing to worry about.

thanks
Lee.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 5 year old with possible Aspergers and behavior worsening....

Hi lee, my eldest has aspergers too and she also can be aggressive, not that suprising really, it must be very frustrating when the world around you just 'doesn't get you' and it has to come out somehow. I also agree that its the safety of home that makes them show that side to us, for one, at school you risk getting belted back. I found that holding my daughter helped, wrapping myself round her so that she couldn't lash out and the hold could quickly be turned into a cuddle once she calmed down. My youngest has signs of ADHD and I bought him a punch bag a few weeks ago, its worked very well, he beats the hell out of it and usually ends up giggling instead which is a whole lot better than ending up in trouble for thumping something he shouldn't have (usually his sisters nose!) and lightens the situation.
What your son is doing sounds perfectly normal for a child with aspergers.