Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: My 6 year old Daughter telling lies

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, she is being raised in a fairly religious environment, but the stories she tells are normally about what somebody else has done or said to her. It is worrying because some days she will come home from school saying she has been picked on and "her friends are always like it to her", when in reality she has only had a small arugument with one of her friends that day, and her friend has probably forgotten all about it by then. One day though, (hopefully it will never come to this) she may be telling the truth and I won't believe her.

Re: Re: Re: My 6 year old Daughter telling lies

Liz,
I so understand what you are talking about. I was raised apostilic pentacostal, but I am not now. We do not go to church. But as a child I did lay awake at night fearing God. My daughter is now telling alot of fibs. After long talks with her she admits that she kinda wants to get in trouble, and she might want to worry me a little bit. She came home yesterday saying that she might of gotten in trouble and had to go to the principle office. I called the school, and none of it was true. I am so confused. I just hope with time this will pass and I will have my old daughter back. Thanks for the post.
Jen

Re: My 6 year old Daughter telling lies

SORRY ..............

Got very confused then. I thought Liz was responding to me, then realised it was Jen (after I replied) !!!