Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interfering grandparents

I know how you feel!!! When I was in the hospital after having my oldest daught my mother inlaw went to my house and cleaned and boxed up and threw away my things. Then She would tell me my kids were sick and needed to go to the doctors. She would tell me not to leave my house until I called the doctors and at one time she even said if I didn't take my daughter to the doctors than she would. My mother in law threatened at one point to raise my kids as her own. Not a fun situation. I didn't always handle things very good when it came to her. I often ignored things until I couldn't stand it anymoe. Then I got in a yelling match and it didn't help. Just remember grandparents don't have the "work" parents have. Thier kids are grown and gone. You are not a bad parent just because grandma has more time to spend with your kids than you do. Grandparents usually do have more time. Also remember I perfect house is not as important as time with your kids. My house is not perfect, but it is clean and I have time with my kids. My dishes may sit for a day, but at least I got to play with the kids or read a book with them. And ya know the dishes will still be there later or tomorrow and you can do them then!