Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Sensory Processing Disorder

Hi Nicki B, Yes, I have been given the therapy of wrapping him up in a duvet and pressing hard. Sounds like torture to me, but he loves it. Meant to calm him down. We are still in early days of 'spd' and are trying to work out what works for us and not. I have just got a written report from the OT which I am going take to show my GP. Hopefully that will give us a referral. The OT we are using costs a lot of money so we hope to get something on the NHS, but I fear it may take some time, and being the impatient type, I want help NOW! Did your son have problems dressing himself? We have had a few issues regarding this but it is hard to tell if he can't do it, or won't do it. He is VERY stubborn but I have found if you wave a chocolate button in front of him he will do it straight away - funny that! Having problems with socks but I blame the fact that his feet are so chubby and he can't stretch the socks over. Also have an issue with him popping all sorts into his mouth. We have heard that he may have to be given extra exercise at school to allow him to concentrate. I need to explain the whole thing to pre-school so they understand. Don't think they have heard of this. More hard work for me but at least now I have the report to pass on to them. Thanks for posting your story on the site too - muchly appreciated.

Re: Sensory Processing Disorder

have a look at this great site: www.sensory-processing-disorder.com loads of information on there.