Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 9yr old son out of control

He is a gifted child frustrated by the lack of stimulation. Contact the society for gifted children in London, they have meetings in other places in the UK too, and ask for an assessment. So many gifted children end up being labelled as problem children or even special needs or just thick because they play up badly through the sheer frustrations of lack of stimulation. Basically, his school work is so easy for him he's bored.

Re: Re: 9yr old son out of control

This does happen alot here in the States, too.

Re: 9yr old son out of control

I feel for parents who have to face challenges with children like this. He sounds to be advanced in some areas.What concerns me is the fact that he was sitting with windows opened in his room with no clothes on. There is more going on with your son than just being gifted and may be ADHD.
I have raised three children all of whom were in gifted programmes in school and colleges at an very early ages. I am school teacher myself and taught special education.
Please don't wait for the school to advise what you should do or where you should go..for your son's sake take him to a good child psychologist. Your son may need a school that cater to children with special needs.
Good luck.