Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my sons best friends mother is mean and damaging to my child

What should I do about my sons best friends mother? She is very rude to me but that is nothing to the way that she treats my nine year old son. He has been uninvited to his friends birthday party after looking forward to it for about a month, he is the only boy in his class not going. She told me today that he is not welcome at her house anymore, when I asked her if anything had happened she said no but that they don't have the time for the boys to play together anymore. Probably a good thing except that my son is crazy about his best friend and is taking this all very personally. I am not sure what to do, I can't choose his friends for him and I don't want him thinking that he is the reason for her shoddy behavior.

Re: my sons best friends mother is mean and damaging to my child

She sounds like a total cow. You must keep your son away from anyone who treats him badly otherwise he will grow up think that this is ok.

I would not encourage this friendship at all. Don't have this child over to your place anymore just tell your son it is fine to play with him at school but you are not doing any outside school activities. It is a real shame that this child has to suffer for his mother's behaviour.

Next school year I would ask that they be in different classes if possible. Encourage your son to invite other kids over to your house to play so he can make some other friends. Hope it works out ok for everyone