Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Blended Family JUST Broke up Please help me.

in thast case I would take the money....but be prepared for him to confront you about it!
if he is just a jerk and dosent care and dosent want to be a man and take care of his responsibilities then you are better off without him.

I personally have had hard times in the past. I did what I had to do. work 2 jobs, went to school at night,
got a degree, and did whatever I could to make sure my kids had what they need...
I feel your pain...
I was just like him about 10 years ago.
growing up is his responsibility...
take care of those kids however you can.
be careful not to get in a violent situation.
as far as his little girl.. I am sorry but the law is the law...and you have no say in her life
I'll pray for you!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Blended Family JUST Broke up Please help me.

thank you so much i appreciate it...i just got us moved into some income based housing and get a check each month and will until i get out of school and get my cosmetology license..it might not be fancy but it makes sure my girls are taken care of. i just called his ex *we talk a lot) and let her know we've broke up and she said yes to brinnging carissa by to get her gifts and stocking from over here when she takes her to him on christmas eve so at least i have that. i didnt tell her much cuz i dont want to influence her about michael but let her know so carissa could get her stuff from here at least i get that to look forward to.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blended Family JUST Broke up Please help me.

good for you with the coz classes. I hope everything works out for you.

I know how it feels to have your family ripped apart
I cought my ex-wife with my best man from our wedding
and it happened on X-mas eve of 2001
it does get better...
it opened my eyes.
the philosophy I live by now is
I dont do anything unless it betters my life or my kids life.
I quit smoking, drinking, ( accept social)
we stay active in the community... voulentering
giving back to those less fortunate..!
and I just try to do the right thing.
I have dated a little since then and realize now that
as a single parent you need to make sure you and your kids and bills are paid first of all without the help of a partner... this way when you do find a competent partner that dosent rely on you to survive it makes things go so much better,

This way you dont rely on each other... you compliment each other////

sorry to go all Dr Phil on ya...

best
Don