Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I have custody of my kidnapped daughter after 10 years...and she hates me!

FIRST OFF you did the right thing..it's the only thing a loving parent could have done. At age 10 everythingn is hard. It's a rough age and all this is just added on top but it's not yor fault. During her 10 years at gramas don't you think she asked about you? Who knows what her grama told her though. Maybe if you just sat down with her and explained what happened (which imsure you already have) BUT tell her that you love her and you did this because of that love..Ask her what she hinks you can do to help her with all this..Just keep reassuring her of your love. That's about all you can do. DO NOT send her back to gramas but maybe ifyou talk to grama you CAN work out where she can come over and see her..If you guys can agree on something maybe suprise your daughter with this. She will appreciate it and ONLY do this is you and grama TRUELY come to an agreement on her comming to see her at YOUR house and then she leaves at the end of the visist without your daughter.

Re: I have custody of my kidnapped daughter after 10 years...and she hates me!

Man....sounds like you've been under alot of stress. It appears your heart is definitly in the right place!!

Your little gurl is going through a ruff time and my only suggestion is for you and her to go see a counsellor.

IMO I think you have done the right thing. If you tell your little gurly how much you love her...and she sees it in your actions...one day she will come around.

Re: Re: I have custody of my kidnapped daughter after 10 years...and she hates me!

I agree. You did the right thing. Your daughter will come around. She is too young to understand right now. It doesn't sound like her grandmother or mother are mentally capable of looking after her and giving her what she needs. She loves her grandmother but her grandmother is crazy. You don't go to someones house and try to kick in the door. She needs to seek professional help - and the mother too.

Re: Re: Re: I have custody of my kidnapped daughter after 10 years...and she hates me!

thanks for the comments....

in this world gone nutts I though I was the only sane one left...

Re: Re: Re: Re: I have custody of my kidnapped daughter after 10 years...and she hates me!

LOL No not yet! I'm still sane! Atleast I think so LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have custody of my kidnapped daughter after 10 years...and she hates me!

I am glad more fathers are stepping up and taking the role of mother and father. I am a mother of three boys and my husband is a lot like you. Our oldest son(technically my step son) was in a bad situation with his biological mother and my husband stepped in and took him. I have raised him as my own. He is just like my son the only thing missing is I didn't give birth to him. I have helped him through everything in his life and now he knows he is in a good place with me and his father. He knows know he will have a chance in life to be something more, something his mother could not offer. He is now in a very stable and safe environment just like your daughter is. But it did take time. At2 and 3 years old he was in counseling.
10 is a difficult age for a girl anyways. Everything about her and her body are starting to change and that and everything else in her life are probably scaring her. Try and have your girlfriend get a close connection with her so she can have someone to talk to. You and your daughter should see a councilor. Get a neutral ground for you both. She will get over it. Things like this take time. When she is older she will see how much you have done for her and she will see how much you really love her. Just give it time. Don't give up! Children are a blessing and should bot be thrown away. Everything will work its self out. God brought you back into your daughters life for a reason. Good Luck.