Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: separation and child abandonment

I would call your ex and simply ask him why he would want them at the wedding if he didn't acknowledge them at christmas? has he had a change of heart or is this just a stab at you? don't get upset just stay calm. If he gets defensive and angry just say call me when you are ready to talk like an adult and hang up.

I say "if they want to go" let them, if he had been their male role model for years and they have feelings for him. It should be their decision. It may be hard but we have no control of who they love and if he has made a gesture to give them value, it might not be a bad thing to let them go.
It is a very adult thing to forgive. Please don't use the kids to punish adult bad behavior.
You mention yourson together, maybe the ex realises that his son has brothers, and wants to let his son know that the whole extended family thing can work.

Re: Re: separation and child abandonment

But I am worried that they will be drawn into problems that Children's aid is involved with with him and our son together. I want to protect them.

I would make him go thru the motions at the court

most judges want what is BEST for kids..

is he paying child support? if so your hands may be tied. any parent that pays child support has the right to see that child. so long as they dont put the child in harms way.
thats just the law!
sounds like a pretty pathetic guy for doing what he did..
sorry to hear about it.
but the law is the law and if you dont want him around you would have to ask him to either
1. willingly sigh off parental rights.
2. drop the child support and ask the court to remove his rights.
3. prove and I mean (PROVE POSITIVE) that he puts the kids in danger.

hope this helps.. sounds like your situation is similar to mine.. please read my post and see if you can advise me...
Thanks

Re: Re: separation and child abandonment

Just a note about the child support/visitation thing..that's only valid in some states. i lived in michigan where if you pay child support you getto see your kids. now i live in kentucky where it doesnt matter if you pay or not you have to go to court justto get visitations. being married i know is different but id give him hell for what he did