Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girl potty water fountain!

I am having a strange occurrence now that my 2.5 year old is using the potty regularly. When she sits down (usually on a potty ring over the toilet, but sometimes on the regular toilet seat) the peepee comes out almost like a water fountain and lands either on the toilet seat between her legs or even as far as onto the stool or floor in front of the toilet! Is this common and how do we prevent it?? Angela

Re: Girl potty water fountain!

maybe she is sitting at the wrong angle perhaps? try bending her torso forwards a bit (try asking her to look at her toes or something) to aim the pee straight into the toilet. hope this helps a bit, good luck

Ah! We had the same problem! One thing is to tell her to keep her legs closed (with her knees touching). This seems to help. If we are in public, and the top of the seat has a crack in it (where her knees should be), we put a wadded up piece of toilet paper, both for a place to put her legs together, but also to catch any escaped pee. One point of interest, my second daughter does not have this problem (pee goes straight down). Seen Lots of Wet Floors!

Is it possible her labia are stuck together, creating a forward- directed channel? If so, perhaps she can be taught to 'unstick' herself before she goes?

When I read your message I had to laugh. Our daughter did the same thing for about 6 months, between 2.5 and 3 or so. It was irritating - here she finally stopped having ''accidents'', and instead she would pee out of the toilet and into her underwear! Or all over the floor, or the toilet seat, or sometimes between the toilet seat and the bowl of the toilet.