Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eating problem

My 2 and a half year old daughter is usually a really good eater but she's just had a stomach bug. She's been better for about 3 days now but will hardly eat anything and if she does put something in her mouth she'll chew it for about 5 minutes and then spit it out, sometimes it looks like she's gagging on it. Has anybody else experienced this after a child being ill. Really don't know what to do.

Sarah

Re: Eating problem

My son has never been a great eater but after his recent ear infection all he would eat was a piece of bread and this lasted about a week, dont make a fuss because children wont starve themselves. Try encouraging her by putting really small amounts of food on her plate and if she eats it reward her with a sticker maybe. good luck

Try her with soft things eg Youghurt it works every time for me it could be her throat is still a bit sore after been sick and it will take a wee while for her to recover. If it goes on too long i would bring her back to a doctor.

Thank you both for your advice. Her eating is now back to normal and she is so much happier and active. As a first time mum I panic with things like this but you made me feel much better, thanks again.