Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Teen doesn't care about anything.

Thankyou Theresa ...It's wonderful to hear from someone who has gone through similar things .... I really appreciate you reply.

I sat around last night thinking of how I could further help my son since his dad doesn't show any interest in changing anything about him or the situation ... soooo, since my son is failing every class and isn't getting any credits for this semester, I have decided that I am going to pull him out of school today ... I have talked to the school psycholigist and since his attendance record is really bad ( only 2 more days until he gets booted from school )it's better if I re-register him after christmas break for the new semester.

I have talked to my son and it seems that he really is going to try and bring up his grade next semester and we are also looking into some correspondence classes to get back the credits he has lost .

I really feel that I need to spend more quality time with him to let him know that I really love him do care ... give him lots of hugs and encouragement just as you said

I'm also going to try and spurn his interest in things by buying some scientific and health related magazines etc ... and letting him read these and then asking if there is anything interesting that he would like to share with me.... it might help him get another perspective or think about his future.

Anything is better than nothing ... and if he doesn't want to go back to school, well, it's not the end as you know... there's always time to go back .

Many thanks again, and congratulations on a job well done ...