Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
daughters behaviour

pleae help i am at my wits end with my daughter. she sulks and talks in awhiney whingey voice. she stomps around and is so aggressive towards her elder brother she nips and ounches him .when we tell her its not nice to do that she throws herself to the floor and bangs her head . she has an allergy to certain foods so we keep her away from them these are the usual smarties etc but she can not concentrate her school work suffers and now my husband and i are fighting as he gives in to her demands . i have put her on omega3 fish oil and evening primrose oil but i can not see much improvement, i just want to leave and let her get on with it. i have took her to the dr who said she did not adhd. but i hate her when she kicks off . i do not know what to do anymore please help any advice i will listen and try anything

Re: daughters behaviour

I'm really sorry but there is no other way to deal with whineing and whingeing, you need to completely ignore her demands, DO NOT GIVE IN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. You have to teach your daughter another way. If I was you, I would wait until she is in a calm mood and being 'good' then offer her treats or rewards for this 'good' behaviour. At the same time you need to deal with the 'bad' behaviour by not responding (you MUST make your husband understand that he is making the problem worse by giving in to her), every time he gives in she has gained control and got what she wanted. If the whining and tantrums are too much, either put her in another room for time out and ignore her or leave her where she is and you leave the room. do not let her follow. (time out should be used at the rate of 1 minute for every year of her life).