Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: second pregnancy

My daughter was just 11 months old when my second baby
was born . You didnt say how old your child is but i am guessing she is only a toddler . My daughter used to sleep with my husband and i for the first couple of months after my son was born . it was the easiest way for us at the time. My daughter moved into a bed when she was about 1 yr and eight months old . We had her bed in our room so she knew that we were still there if she woke up . Now she is 2yrs and 4 months and hopefully we will move her into her own room soon. And about toilet training dont force her or she will get afraid and just not do it. I showed my daughter it and taljed to her and the odd time i wopuld put her sitting on it and askher to try but not forcing her . Then one morning when i was changing her nappy she didnt want it back on . And she hasnt wore a nappy since . i did the same with my now 7 yr old and he did the same so it wasnt a one off lucky shot. When she finally gets it make such a fuss of her and she will stick to the potty. You should have seen me the first time she used it we danced around like idiots and she got such a laugh out of it. If she has accidents dont give out to her or she will just stop trying we tell our daughter its ok it was an accident and we will try again next time . I think your child will let you know when its time to train you just have to put the idea into her head .