Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do I need a Stroller?

I have a two and three year old. I currently have no car, and I take them to daycare every day which is about 3-4 blocks from here. I currently own a tandem stroller (double) but it is very hard to manage and drives much like a cadillac- a veritable thorn in my side! What I am trying to figure out, is if I should buy a jogging double stroller to plow through this winter's snow, ( a problem the tandem I own, fails at) or if I should give up strollers all together, because of my children's ages, and try some other method of transportation. The problem is that I want both my children covered if the weather is nasty out, which so far, it seems only a stroller or a wagon can handle. I would really appreciate some advice or feedback on this, from you moms out there, especially if you have experience with caring for two or more young children simultaneously.

Re: Do I need a Stroller?

Stroller is a heaven send..I have 3 young children and I can't do without a stroller..Initially it looks rather hassle having to push the stroller around and control the other two kids, but after some time, I find myself being able to control the kids better. It is much safer that way instead of having to control 3 kids walking altogether...And on the positive side, I perspire a lot due to the pushing and carrying the stroller around and that somehow or rather help me to shed some pounds off my body. So don't do away with yr stroller...