Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: inconvience of Detention

I am so glad some of the ideas helped Rhonda. You sound like your so nice and want to help this family so much, and that's great.

One more thing is that she can use other rewards that arent so expensive, movie theaters are so crazy on their pricing now and once they get there they will want popcorn and soda etc. but she could always do other rewards that arent so expensive, like maybe....uh I dont know ... maybe they get to pick whats for dinner every day for a week or something like that...or pick what they watch on TV for a week or something.
but I am really glad it helped a little bit. I really hope it works out for you and them.

Re: Re: inconvience of Detention

Please read all the replies to this subject. They are suggestive, not critisizing. And suggestion was what was needed for all involved.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

After reading your statement, I guess if an adult is inconvienced, then there is a problem with the system. I mean throughout the entire write up you do not mention why the child is in detention, only how much you and the others are inconvienced. Meanwhile the school is attempting to correct mis-behavior at the school, by assignments of detention, and you think the school is wrong. So tell me again why does the mother want you watching her child?

Re: Re: Re: inconvience of Detention

Hi, I know you have been given some fantastic advice on this so mine will seem a little trivial perhaps but I work in a school and our school do actually cater for lunchtime detentions rather than after school detentions, this way it only inconveniences the child as she/he cannot go out and play with the other children. if you are going to meet with the school it could be a suggestion to them. Whatever happens, you sound like a great carer and I wish you and the family you are helping all the best and hope for a happy outcome.