Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Child keeps leaving everything behind

My 6 year old daughter will just not bring anything home from creche. 25 coldrink bottles, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 jackets, lunchboxes...it's never ending. No matter what you say or do she will just not even make an attempt. When we pick her up and ask her where her stuff is she says i dunno and heads off or if i tell her that she should go and pick up her jacket it's i don't want to. My husband and i have stopped doing it for her along time ago but it's getting really frustrating and costly. Hidings, sending her to her room, even a chart system (only worked for two days), Nothing helps. HELP Please

Re: Child keeps leaving everything behind

My 5 year old does the same thing. What I do is especially with toys and such, "throw them away".
Say if you wont take care of your stuff then you dont need it. No dont actually throw it away. You goto be sneaky, throw it in a clean trash bag and fish it out and hide it before any real trash gets in it. The thing is as soon as you throw away the first thing that they really like, they will be picking up everything. then once they know you will throw it away thats all you have to say and it should get picked up. With stuff like a jacket, they might say oh i dont care, then you tell her well you cant play outside or go anywhere without it so....