Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: School

I would - because we believe that a child is responsible for their behavior - that they have choices, and if they choose to break a rule at school, they know that the home rule is "do not break school rules". Fair or not - as some may say but in life sometimes its does not seem fair for one but seems very fair to another person. Anyway, from our family standpoint - if you break a school rule, you can count on having a consequence at home as well. A child should be responsible for their own behavior.

Re: Re: School

mmm i would not! they have been punished already, talk about it with your child but let it end there! that's my advice like the majority suggests i think you will find!

Re: Re: Re: School

At our home we have consequences for breaking school rules. If you get in trouble at school for not following the rules you will have a consequence at home. If the problem at school was bad enough that they had to go to the principal and he had to call me at work then there is deffinatly a problem that we need to address and take care of, i dont want my children being terrors at school and being labelled as trouble. so to prevent that i deffinatly agree that there should be a consequence at home and to let them know that i expect them to behave at school just like i do at home.