Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1 1/2 year old sleeping probs!!

Hi Nikki,

Life these days is SOOO busy. I think you are approaching this in exactly the right way. Instead of seeking to speed up, and thereby putting pressue on, your child's 'letting go' can you do anything to make sure you catch up on sleep at other times? How pressured are you?

It may seem counter intuitive but there is a line, that says it all about this and many things in life, - "infinite patience produces immediate results." What this means is that to the extent you are totally willing within yourself to do whatever it takes, the situation, seemingly magically, improves very fast. Another way of thinking about this is the more you NEED your child to change, the slower it goes. I have written lots about all this free so email me at david@childproblem.co.uk or check out the webby of same name. Hope this helps
David Peet

PS Your 18 month old baby is in a crucial period needing oodles of touch, connection and wholehearted appreciation and unconditionally loving support - this makes for excellent development. Do not make your baby the sole focus of your happiness or things get fused and your relationships will suffer - and the child in the end.You seem to have the balance right though. Great work!!