Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2 years old boy speech problem

Hi,

My son is 2 1/2. He has been speaking really well for about a year, in fact I have been told he speaks as well as a 4 year old. Although occasionally when he's excited he too can't get the words out quick enough and this causes him to stutter. Its now happening less and less. My advise would be to just stay patient and not to make an issue, eventually he'll grow out of it.

Re: 2 years old boy speech problem

Hi Sherma,
It is so kind of you to have this concern for your nephew but I agree with spec, wait and see what happens. How do you behave when you get really excited? I mean really excited, so that the energy running through you is more than you can easily handle. Most of us can't remember when we last let this happen. Children, thank God, are still in touch with their massive, even oceanic feelings. If you seek to stop the stuttering you will only stem the connection to the feelings -which are our vitality, creativity, inspiration, charisma, joy and general juiciness. Would you want a fab person firing on all cylinders who spat all over you [ I jest] when they entertained you, or someone who spoke perfectly and bored you to death? Stuttering is good at this point.
If you want to know amore about this somewhat different approach email me at david@childproblem.co.uk or web of same name.
Best wishes

D..d...d..david Peet

Re: Re: 2 years old boy speech problem

i agree with David. if his speach is uaully good and you can understand him and he has a good level of communication then don't worry, heck i stutter if i'm that darn excited ha ha