Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: too scared to go to bed

You could try sleeping with her in her room so she can see its safe.

Billy, i'm sorry to hear your little angel is having these episodes, are they nightmares? or her little mind working overtime, little girls of six are so complex aren't they? (i have a 7 year old) she sounds like a bright little star bless her. is anything bothering her at school, sometimes the very smallest of things to us are massive to them and they feel they can't share or are too frightened to tell an adult, have you stressed to her that she can talk to you or her mummy? Have a no stresses chat about anything at all, and you will be surprised what you get out of that, If she feels relaxed she may 'let it slip' what is bothering her (i always do that with my daughter and she ends up telling me what is bothering her.) Its important not to rush this as it can take a while for her to open up and tell you, (it took 2 hours for my daughter to tell me what was bothering her one evening and it was that tiny i forget what it was, but it was huge to her) she will be possibly afraid. always let her know you are on her side. your her daddy and you love her. I'm curious with you saying dead animlas, its normally monsters or similar isn't it? has anything significant happened to her involving animals latley? a pet died or a has she seen a program on tv about animals that has scared her, caste you mind back if you can ask relatives as well if she gets minded by other family members they might have info there, hope this helped and the little chick can sleep again in her room.

Re: Re: too scared to go to bed

thanks for your replies, we are taking turns to sleep in her own room for time being, tried to talk to her to see if anything is bothering her at school or has she watched any dvds or videos that were scary, she has told us when she was at the musuem that she was scared of the mummys and remembers when our cat had caught a mouse last year, we also have a new addition in the family a little girl who is 8 months old , our 6 year old is a brilliant big sister but we were wondering if maybe she was feeling neglected and this is also a cause, once again thanks for your replies

spank your daughter. then she will obey you.

Message for I_eat_trees:

If you have nothing constructive to type, then type nothing.
Time waster.

god help any kids you have, wierdo!

Billy, i think that's a good idea you have there, that will show your child she has nothing to fear about staying in her room. the 8 month old could be a huge factor there though, i don't think you mentioned that before, it will all work its self out in the end.