Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3yr old girl talking 'dirty'

I'm a bit worried about my 3 year old daughter. She has started sitting in her bedroom with her teddies and kissing them and laying on the bed with them. She talks about 'sexing' although when I have asked her she thinks that means just kissing and cuddling. I have told her saying sex is not nice and say kiss and cuddle but my childminder today told me that when she asked her what she wants for Xmas she said sex in bed with richard (richard is what she has called her cuddly dog!). She isn't anywhere where anything is happening to her (believe me that was the 1st thing that came to mind that frightened me) she goes to nursery, I take her, she goes to the childminder whom I trust 110% and then I collect her from there in the afternoon so she is literally just with us all the time. When she watches MTV videos they kiss and she says they are sexing but I don't know how to go about dealing with this. Do I just keep telling her that sexing is a horrible word and hope it fizzles out or do I tackle it in a harsher way. I'm scared that someone will think bad things are happening to her and I know for sure they aren't. She has a 12 year old brother who she copies a lot so maybe she has picked up the saying from him but if anyone can give me some advice on how to handle this I'd be very grateful.

Re: 3yr old girl talking 'dirty'

She may well have picked this up from your son, is it possible to talk to him about it? You could ask your daughter where she has heard this expression and ask her explain what 'she' means when she talks about it. If you get to the bottom of it then try and encourage her to use different language (ie next time she says it correct her by saying 'you mean cuddle' each time. If she doesn't hear this expression again then she will probably forget about it. Hope you get to the bottom of it, as I would also be concerned.

Re: 3yr old girl talking 'dirty'

teach her wht "it" really means. that will scar her. and, oh yeah, stop your problem.

Re: Re: 3yr old girl talking 'dirty'

You have big problems buster! if you are bored i suggest you take out a dvd or watch some tv, anything at all as long as you get stuffed, you are probably some bored kid or just have a few bricks short of a load.

Re: Re: Re: 3yr old girl talking 'dirty'

Thanks Debs I totally agree! Anyway, I've talked to my son he is going to stop saying 'things' in front of her and we have been doing as you suggested Angela correcting it to cuddles etc and she seems to get it so hopefully it will all just fade out with time. Thanks for your comments.