Practical Parenting Advice Online Parenting Course

Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confused about videogames age ratings and the like?

Hello

I'm working on the launch of a new website - www.askaboutgames.com. The site is a new initiative from ELSPA, the trade association for the games industry, designed to educate consumers on age ratings of videogames. It also incorporates tips on safe play and information about the videogames industry in the UK.

We are looking for parents to trial the site and give feedback before it goes live on December 1st. We would then use any suitable feedback to support launch media activity. Trialists would be given access to the site and would be expected to give feedback on how useful they found the site. The trial would end in mid-November in order to allow us to collate feedback pre-launch.

The site is currently password protected. If you are interested in being one of our trialists please send me a PM and I'll forward over the details.

As I am not a parent, nor do I know any parents with children who are old enough to play computer games, we have been looking into various ways to get parent feedback on it. The Practical Parenting forum looks like one of the most lively parenting forums out there so we would love to hear from some of you on this. It shouldn't take much time and if your comments are used, we would give you a personal credit in any press release that's sent out.

Many thanks

Vaneetha