Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: daughter has no ambition

I'm a 7th grade school teacher. I make my students keep up with a table of contents within their notebooks. It is on bright pink paper and they must number their papers and list the assignment on the pink papers. I check periodically (without announcement) to see if they have their notebooks in order. They actually help me to stay on top of things. I have a class secretary to help me with it and I test them on the table at the end of the grading period. I reward them with candy, extra credit points, free movie day.

I have my assignments on a website. In fact, my entire school has their assignments on the same website and we post them every week. This has helped to cut down on 0's. If you request if the teacher/school has a website similiar to this, it may help. Also, email take away anything or reward when your own assignment book. Lastly, there may be an assignment folder that you can request the teacher to sign each day or at the end of the week. A counselor/administrator may have one. It will be your childs responsibility to write down the assignments and see the teacher for the signature each day. If they do not get it signed, there can be punishment at home or school (ex: no p.e., no ice cream at lunch, see the administrator, etc.) Also, check to see if her textbook has online resources and have her work on puzzles, etc. that interest her.

I hope this helps.