Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Major problems with 6 year old daughter

How long has she had her step father. If its a new relationship she could be playing up, scared of losing you to him. Its sound like she is really tired. If you could give more details Im sure we on the forum would really like to help. Any if we can't make suggestions we are always willing to listen and support you. Good luck.

Re: Re: Major problems with 6 year old daughter

Her step father has been around for 3 years. He came on the scene about 4 months after her father walked out on her. She never stops moving or talking, even talks in her sleep. She can be really emotional but doctors keep telling me its nothing. She refuses to talk about the fact that her father got in touch at the beginning of the year to tell her she has a brother and don't think it has helped. She messes up the simpliest of tasks and just refuses to listen.

She seems to be having problems everywhere when i speak to her and really am getting worried.

Re: Re: Re: Major problems with 6 year old daughter

SOUND LIKE SHE'S HAVING ISSUES W/ ABANDONMENT. I WOULD TRY TO SEEK A GOOD THERAPIST FOR HER. TO HELP HER COPE W/ THESE ISSUES. YOUR HUSBAND NEEDS TO BE A LITTLE MORE UNDERSTANDING AS WELL. TRY TO FIND SOMEWHERE YOU ALL CAN GO.THAT WAY SHE HAS THE SUPPORT AND REASSURANCE OF YOU TWO AND MAYBE HE CAN GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHATS GOING ON AND BE MORE SUPPORTIVE SHE ALREADY HAD ONE FATHER WALK OU ON HER. GIVE THE CHILD A BREAK.NOT ONLY THAT HER BIOLOGICAL FATHER SOUNDS LIKE A REAL JERK. CALLING YOUR KID TO TELL HER SHE HAS ANOTHER SIBLING. IS HE A MOUSE? SHE'S PROBABLY THINKING DADDY LEFT ME HERE ALL ALONE AND HE'S OUT WITH THAT OTHER KID, WHY CAN'T HE BE W/ ME? WHY CAN'T I BE W/ THEM. THAT HURTS.MY SONS FATHER HAS BEEN MIA SINCE BIRTH AND HAS 10 OTHERS. GO FIGURE. WISH YOU LUCK.

She does sound like something is worrying her to the point that she is so tired she can't function. Maybe telling her stories, even if she does'nt seem to listen. Explaing in these stories that you love her and understand her even if you don't. Explain that if she wants to see her bio dad she can, but if she does'nt then, you will always be there. I think she is very jumbled, maybe she does'nt understand what her place is. Maybe she wants to be a baby again and if she does maybe that reassurance will help settle her. If her bio dad is on the scene explain to him that maybe if there are visit then all of you need to do it together until she settles and that includes her step dad. If things are difficult with step dad and bio dad then they are going to have to play it cool for her.. Keep intouch Im sure something will click

It also sound like bio dad only got intouch to let you know he has another child. It does'nt sound like it was for her benefit. I could be wrong!!??

Re: Re: Major problems with 6 year old daughter

Thanks
I think her bio dad was trying to prove something to himself. Think will try to get her some help that we can all go to. Never really thought about it that she could eb scared of my husband walking out on her aswell