Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Child drug test

We began random tests with our daughter when she was 9 - she never knows when we might do it again, and she said she understands why we do it, and she has never had a positive result. I think a parent needs to explain why we do some things to our children, but be prepared to do things that are in the childs best interest - even when they complain....seems to me to be part of being a good parent...

Re: Re: Child drug test

i find it hard to imagine that you would drug test a child of 9-do they have crack dealers at primary school now? or am i misunderstanding what the purpose of the test is? it seems to me that drug testing your children will do one thing-let them know that you don't trust them, and without trust from both sides there is no way that your relationship with your child can be healthy

Re: Re: Re: Child drug test

We decided to start "young" by some standards I guess so that by the time our daughter got into questionable situations, the pattern would be established, and there would be another reason for her to say "NO" to drugs. Random testing doesn't say we don't trust, it says we care enough to make sure...