Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My two year old daughter

My daughter is two years old, since she was about 1years old she has gone through sessions of laying on the floor on her front with her legs crossed and pushes hersself backwards and forwards, this makes her very hot and makes her cry. I hoped once she was dry all day she would stop but it has made no difference. Has anyone else experienced this with their children?@ if so can you offer me any advice

Re: My two year old daughter

OKAY, AS LONG AS SHE IS NOT IN DANGER OR HURTING HERSELF (IE BANGING HER HEAD ON THE FLOOR) SHE IS FINE. THIS IS JUST THE TIME WHERE THEY ARE TRYING TO TEST YOU AND BECOME AN INDIVIDUAL. ONCE YOU GIVE IN YOU ARE PLAYING RIGHT INTO IT. YOU KNOW WHAT HELPS? IGNOREING. LET HER KNOW " I KNOW YOUR UPSET RIGHT NOW BUT I NEED YOU TO SHOW OR TELL MOMMY WHAT YOU WANT.WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED I'LL BE RIGHT HERE". AND KEEP ON GOING. SHE'LL BE FINE.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My daughter is two years old, since she was about 1years old she has gone through sessions of laying on the floor on her front with her legs crossed and pushes hersself backwards and forwards, this makes her very hot and makes her cry. I hoped once she was dry all day she would stop but it has made no difference. Has anyone else experienced this with their children?@ if so can you offer me any advice