Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AGRESSIVE HOSTILE BEHAVIOUR FROM MY 15 year old DAUGHTER

I am experiencing such aggresive hostile behaviour from my daughter about everything. Tonight it was because her Dad (we split up in 1997) wasnt there to help her fix some USB cable he's sent her in the post.
She has been seen at a child and adolescent mental health place a number of times but they have always discharged her saying that they think she is fine now. My daughter always puts on an act when she went there. In September last year they discharged her, in October she tried to kill herself.
So there is no help for me in dealing with her, I feel like it is more than I can bear.
Dealing with her is so impossibly difficult. She cries and cries and shouts and gets upset and yet when I go to try and help or go to try and talk or go to just stand there until she wants to talk she is always so nasty to me, so negative.
I feel so frustrated that I cannot help her with her this dreadful depression and lack of rational thinking she has and angry that there are no agencies i can turn to.
Can anyone give me any advice practically on how to get her help.
Lita

Re: AGRESSIVE HOSTILE BEHAVIOUR FROM MY 15 year old DAUGHTER

Hi Lita, I feel your only choice at this stage is tough love. You have only about a year or so to gain control. At this time you need to be stern and strict. Every negative action needs a consequence. If you gain the upper hand now you still have a chance at a lasting mother/daughter friendship. Best of luck, Dennis with http:www.parenting-magic.com

Re: AGRESSIVE HOSTILE BEHAVIOUR FROM MY 15 year old DAUGHTER

FUCTIONAL FAMILY THERAPY MAY HELP. SHE IS CLEARLY UPSET OF THE BREAKUP AND PROBABLY IS BLAMING HERSELF OR EVEN YOU.