Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: family conflicts

Hi, don't give up! Is it possible you could move out of the area and start afresh somewhere else. I am concerned from what you have said that your two younger children are heading down the same route. You say that the problem seems to be that you are both arguing all the time, I agree you need to have some house rules but I think that you should sit down with your son and agree them together. Ask him to write down 4 rules that he thinks would make the house and your relationship better (tell him to be sensible about this)! and you write down 4 too. See if there is some middle ground. Also it sounds as if you are not in touch with your sons life, you need to discover his interests and take an active part in them. If he likes football ~ go and support him when he is playing, if he enjoys music find out about his favourite bands and try to source some posters/information on them for him (even tickets for a concert perhaps) I can't help you on his friend, except that I agreee with you. Maybe try and encourage him to bring his other friends round to the house instead. I would also go to the school and try and get him moved into another class away from this bad influence. Schools will listen if you give them a chance and show you are concerned. Good luck