Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
step daughter problems

Hello, i am a divored mother of two and for the past five years been living with my new partner who i am going to marry next year.
My children seem very well ajusted after my divorce and love my new partner dearly. the problem is that my partner has two children of his own, who for the most part have been accepting of me and my children,untill recently, his duaghter (14)has been stealing from me. I have told my partner this and he is very concerned but his ex partner will do nothing to help the situation, she only complicates matters and (to score points) refuses to beleive this happens.
Because of this my step daughter thinks she can do anything to hurt me and her father and that she wont be punnished for it. My partner sees his children whenever he can and we think of ourselves as responsible parents, but the ex always makes things difficult and we feel helpless because his ex just wants their childrn to respect her and know one else.
We are concerned that the stealing will spiral and wish to do somthing to stop it without distancing her any further form her father/myself/my children and before it unbalances the rest of our children who at the moment seem oblivious. Any advice on handling this situation would realy be appriciated.