Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advice

I recently moved my daughter away from all of our family so that I could finish college and have a great career that will ensure a great future for her. She seemed to be alright at first but now gets sad alot because she misses her family that she grew up around. I am contemplating moving back but I am going to give it some more time. If I do this her father will stay, so she will not have him in her life like she does now, what do I do?

Re: Advice

stay where you are-like you said this is a step in the road to a better future for you and your daughter. of course it will be hard to adjust in the beginning but as your daughter begins to feel more settled and make friends she will start to be more happy. Truly, you will only end up regretting it if you sacrifice this opportunity for your daughter, you have to have a life, goals and a career not only to support your daughter but to have self confidence and satisfaction with your own achievements. Giving up your life for your kids will only end up with you being resentful and wondering what could have been. Stay strong, maybe some counselling would help for your daughter if you think that's appropriate. good luck