Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 14yr old doughter

Natalie,

I was looking through the forum at the different situations trying to find a solution to my own and I came across your response. My daughter is 10 and I am having a problem with her cleaning her room among other things. I know that your reply wasn't to me but, I just wanted to thank you for your entry because you gave me a really good idea. Thanks alot! I think that it really helps to hear from other kids. Your world is alot different from the way that ours was when we were 10 and 14. As adults I think that we have a really hard time understanding that. We or at least I seem to think that things are the same today for kids that they were 20 - 30 years ago when we were kids and they aren't. A 10 year old today is like a 14 or 15 year old back then. Everything is so advanced for kids now a days and I think that it is really sad that kids can't just be kids today, they have to grow up entirely to fast.

Thanks again for your reply to this person's problem, it may have just really helped me out.