Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My 3 year old is aggressive.

My 3 year old has just started to become aggressive and not a very nice little boy, 2 months ago we moved to another country and he has settled in fine, with new friends etc, but he can be really nasty to his new friends at creche and quite aggressive he is also the same with me and his father, he is our only child and used to be such a loving nice child he was never an angel but was a joy, can any one give me any advice so that I can get my lovely boy back.

Re: My 3 year old is aggressive.

Hi

My son went through a similar change through ages 3-4.5 and I was horrified. Is there something that is causing him to be angry in his life is the first question to ask? The second question (often hard to ask) is whether he is viewing this behaviour occuring between adults or older siblings and copying it.

If it is none of these things I would highly recommend seeing a good Child Psychologist, it helped my son and he was diagnosed with a couple of behavioural issues and we were able to put things in place to stop things from escalating, he is a much more well balanced child now.

For example some children lash out because they cannot handle other children in their space and if they have something like Asperger's Syndrome they cannot cope and will get aggressive (I am not saying that he has it) but it is worth exploring all options if it becoming of concern to you.

My son is now 6 and apart from the odd moment when tired or frustrated is fairly well balanced now. I encourage you to get to the bottom of it if you think it is of genuine concern.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Re: Re: My 3 year old is aggressive.

Hello. I have the same problem with my 3 year old. He has such a temper for something so small. I'am not sure i can give you advice but if you ever want to talk about different problems maybe we could share notes with each other. Feel free to e-mail me. Chasity625@aol.com. Thanks and good luck