Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: trust issues and curious kids

Oh boy i remember this happening to me but looking at it from my side then it was no big deal. it was just a part of growing up and curiosity.

i don't know if you need to explain why there are these videos, she probably already knows, which could be why she looked at them (maybe not). if you feel a punishment is in order, just give the usual one as i don't think you want to make this so big it scars her emotionally.

hope you don't think badly of me for having done the same thing when i was her age. but i know my curiosity would still be peaked if someone said "don't go in here" and i'm now 43! lol

hoping you all get something good out of the situation. Lessa.

Re: Re: trust issues and curious kids

Yeah I know that I also did the same. I told my sister to use the the opportunity for a casual sex talk. The privacy thing is the biggest issue though. I think that we should be able to have our kids respect the fact that we have things that they are not to touch. The problem is how to instill that value

Thanks for the reply.

Re: Re: Re: trust issues and curious kids

glad i'm not the only one :)
i guess the only way to instill any value is by example.
but she's only 11 and she's still got a lot to learn. maybe she won't do it again if they just told her how they felt about what she'd done.
i hope it turns out well for everyone