Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tantrums & Bedtime Issues

My 2 yr old has been having major tantrums lately to the point where he chases either myself or my husband around the house to hit us when he's mad. The tantrums can be set off by almost anything. We tried time outs, taking away priviledges, etc... Somethings work some days but then stop working the next. Our other issue is that he goes to bed @ 8pm and we've never had an issue w/ him going to bed and staying in bed. Here lately, he'll go to bed and will go to sleep and then wake up and will want to play. The other night he went to bed at 8pm and was up from 10pm to 12am - I had to be up at 5:30am... any suggestions?

Re: Tantrums & Bedtime Issues

Hi Amy,

Well you are not alone. I have seen this loads of times. There is a sure way of solving it but it will take courage on your part. We cannot help anyone if we need the same help ourselves. Or to put it another way, if our children are in emotional pain, and your 2 year old is, and it will not stop, then that is pain we are in but have repressed it. By getting in touch with your tantrum, you will resolve your child's. If you want to go for it, contact me. It takes courage. Email me at david@childproblem.co.uk
best wishes
David

David

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My 2 yr old has been having major tantrums lately to the point where he chases either myself or my husband around the house to hit us when he's mad. The tantrums can be set off by almost anything. We tried time outs, taking away priviledges, etc... Somethings work some days but then stop working the next. Our other issue is that he goes to bed @ 8pm and we've never had an issue w/ him going to bed and staying in bed. Here lately, he'll go to bed and will go to sleep and then wake up and will want to play. The other night he went to bed at 8pm and was up from 10pm to 12am - I had to be up at 5:30am... any suggestions?