Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
car seats

My 10 week old son is extremely content until you put him in a car seat. He screams the moment he gets in the car--and I mean screams. I have an 8 hour mandatory trip in two weeks. Does anyone have any secrets, ideas, or knowledge how to solve this problem. He seems find in the car seat outside of the car.

Re: car seats

If he is fine in the car seat outside of the car, then maybe it is not the car seat that is the problem, but the car.

He could be suffering from travel sickness. My daughter used to suffer as a very young baby from car sickness and my health visitor recommended accupressure bands which are sold in most chemists. They are like very small hairbands that are placed on a particular part of the wrist. Also, some places in the car make the travel sickness worse. Some people say that it is better to sit in the middle of the rear seat, which obviously I know depends on the car seat that you have and also the model of your car.

I agree! I would definetely ask your doctor about car sickness. My daughter was the same way when she was young. She finally got to a point where it wasn't too bad and when we switched her to a front facing car seat, she was perfectly fine. I know I always got sick riding backwards, even as an adult....so maybe that's it. Good luck!

Your child is mandatory- not the trip. Re-evaluate your life-decisions. And who are the people giving you advice on how to convince your BABY that 8 hours in the car is acceptable?! People who can't think far enough ahead to see that they should avoid 8 hour trips with infants should not be allowed to breed.

Re: Re: car seats

firstly yes i agree prob car sickness my daughter 9 and she sometimes suffers
the person who said you cant travel for 8 hours oviously you can youre in a car not a horse and cart era
just take things to do and see where the services etc are on the way have a great journey
all the best sue
P>S> The comment " YOU SHOULDNT BREED" is beyond me

wow! beth, i'm not understanding your parenting ways? do you even HAVE children? an 8 hour trip is absolutely fine as long as your stopping every once in a while to change, feed or just hold.

that was extremely vulgar of you to say that people like that should not be able to "breed" I don't think YOU should breed. and I sure as hell hope you haven't already.

LISA: not sure what advice to give you.. my little ones have always loved it in the car. I would definetely talk to your doctor, like the other mommies said.. he could be getting car sick.