Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
6 year old girl behavior

My 6 yr old daughter is hanging around these boys in class that are always goofing off and not listening to their teachers. When she is not around them she is very good with her school work and listens to her teachers. Can I tell her not to talk to these boys or will she still just do it anyway?

Re: 6 year old girl behavior

You could always discuss it with her teacher so she knows your concerns, its not always easy for them but the teacher will probably monitor it and perhaps move your daughter if she/he feels its necessary. As for telling her not to hang around with them in school it may be a problem, she is old enoughh to know that if you tell her you want her to concentrate in lessons, and play time is for chatting and playing with her friends. hope you get it sorted.

Re: 6 year old girl behavior

thanks debbie...Her one teacher did ask her to move away from this boy and she said no but then she asked the boy to move away and he finally did. I hope that they can keep them separated so she doesn't keep getting into trouble.

Re: Re: 6 year old girl behavior

just keep in close contact with the teacher, if they know your concerns and know that you care about your daughter's education, you will find she will bend over backwards to accommodate your childs needs. good luck with that.