Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: step children

Margaret, I wish I could be more help to you but I am out of my depth here. Just sending you cyber hugs. I couldn't stand what you are going through. It really is up to husband to step up with the discipline and I would probably broach the counselling issue again, as I worry it is going to have a big impact on your marriage if something isn't done. I hope things improve

Re: step children

When my dad married my step-mom 18 years ago we put her thru hell. I was 18 and my brother was 16 and we weren't going to come in second. He usually choose my brothers side instead of hers...........I was away in college most of the time. My brother hasn't turned out to be much and my dad can hardly stand him.......Luckily I out grew it before to much damage. I have repeatly apoligize to her over the years. It was all about attention. My dad should have put his foot down and kicked our butts. Hang in there my dear it will be well worth it in the long run and hopefully he out grows this soon. Just don't get walked on and stand your ground. Good luck