Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
6yo dd and 9 yo ds -sleeping in same bed

6yo dd says she is scared to sleep by herself and wants to sleep with 9 yo ds. Hubby thinks this is no big deal. Is it, or am I just being overprotective?

Re: 6yo dd and 9 yo ds -sleeping in same bed

I don't really think it is a big deal but if you are uncomfortable, could your dd sleep on a mattress on the floor for a couple of nights. Put a time limit on it so it doesn't go on indefinitely. This way it is a special treat and they aren't sleeping in the same bed.

Re: 6yo dd and 9 yo ds -sleeping in same bed

My 11 year old has just started high school and is desperately lonely and scared. After several nights of this, with husband playing musical beds in the early hours, we moved him onto the top bunk in my 17 year old son's room. Is your little girl worrying about something? If so, maybe it'll pass. Otherwise, you might consider a bunk bed somewhere. They are great for sleep overs as the kids get older and want a friend to stay. For now the bunk bed may be enough to reassure your youngest daughter and provide a separate bed for your eldest - who may otherwise call a halt to things before you are ready. Don't worry that she wants to share.