Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Suzie
Desperate to stay with mum rather than go to pre-school
My friend's (Heather)little girl (Lucy) started pre-school in September very happily. She was already familiar with the building from parent and toddler group. One of the pre-school teachers is also known outside of the school environment. Lucy has slowly begun to...
Views: 220   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 11:32pm
by Liz
d
Dee
14yo son being left out by friends at school
I always seem to be looking for advice when it comes to my oldest son who's 14 and in 8th grade. He's never had an easy time of making & keeping friendships. I thought we had gotten through the worst of it and things were going pretty well for him. He found a nice...
Views: 220   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 9:18pm
by Dee
I was misraised... HELP!!
Hello everyone! I need serious help here... :-/ I'm 17 right now. I never, EVER liked to have friends. My mom tells me I always sat in a corner and never talked to anybody when I was little... I remember having a little group of friends in elementary school,...
Views: 428   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 8:48pm
by Leo the 28C
If anyone could spare a few moments, i would be very grateful
We are London University Media Students, conducting a survey on Violence in the Media. We are trying to investigate the feelings of the public with regard to film and television classification. We would be really grateful if you could spare a few moments to ans...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 7:03pm
by Danielle Brooks ...
l
Liz
Distraught, frustrated, angry...AARGH!!!!!
Hi Everyone, I'm already on the board and just had an awful telephone chat with my sister, this is the only place I can vent! My sister has a 16 year old with ADD. She had him from a violent relationship with a messed up individual which ended when she found ou...
Views: 268   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 8:40am
by cassie
e
Erik Z
Help me help my wife, kids and marriage
My wife and I don't see eye to eye at all on parenting. She is a stay at home mom and I am a work at home father. I am around a lot and try to offer a lot of support but still try to maintain a distance during the day so that people are clear that "daddy's working"...
Views: 267   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 2:59am
by Leeanne
My 4 year old is out of control
Hi iam a mother of two adoreable children both girls ones 4 and the other is 14 months. My older daughter doesnt behave at all she gets into everything hits me laughs when i apply a punishment doesnt stay in time outs tried taking away all of her toys and grounded he...
Views: 301   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 2:36am
by Leeanne
Bossy child, lies, taking control.....
Hi I need some advice. My daughter is 6, in primary 2 at school and is "bossy little madam!" She went to private nursery for 3 years before school and towards the end she was the oldest child there. The staff encouraged her to help with the younger children a...
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 3:42pm
by Lesley Steel
m
Mark
9 year old son's behaviour at school
My son was excluded from his first prep school for aggressive behaviour with a specific boy. Only later did we understand how unhappy he had been at that school and how he had been taunted. We had consistently spoken with the school about this and yet they did very l...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 1:35pm
by Mark
j
Jade
Excellent Chart Site & Behaviour Aids !
Found this site whilst looking for reward / credit charts for my two terrors, some very interesting behaviour stuff linked to the supernanny methods, just thought would share! www.thenaughtyseat.co.uk Jade x
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 12:08pm
by Jade
j
jo
DILEMA
Having a 1 year old and 2 year old you can imagine they both have alot of fun together during the day.I oftern think it is nice for them both to grow up together and never be short of a friend to play with but they can get quite vocal when playing.The lady next door...
Views: 186   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 11:58am
by Liz
j
Jo
What Santa Brings Naughty Kids For Christmas !
Hi, I was looking searching for some parenting advice on Supernanny site and found link to this site, an alarmed portable naughty seat among other interesting parenting aids, definately going to get the alarmed one !! just hope the alarm is a loud annoying one w...
Views: 261   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 11:57am
by Debs
p
Petra
9yr old being disruptive/abusive in class HELP
Sorry this is really long :( My 9 year old son has been excluded from school twice since they returned after Christmas. The first day back after the break he was excluded for abusive behaviour for 2 days. He was making funny noises and was asked to go to the ti...
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 11:19am
by Liz
v
vicky
attitude
i was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on how to try to stop my children aged 9 and 10 talking to me with attitude in there voice everytime they talk to me about anything theres just nastyness when they talk i dont understand it as im always polite to them an...
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 10:52am
by Liz
j
Julie
not wanting to go into class first thing.
My 7 year old daughter has this term started not wanting to go into class. I drop her off at school the same as always. I give her her lunch and bookfolder and wait for her to come outside the building to say goodbye. She then gives me a kiss and walks back into t...
Views: 211   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 10:44am
by Julie
a
Ang
MOTHER IN LAW FROM HELL
I'm Angela's partner,Paul.we have been together 3 years now,she has 3 little girls from her previous marriage and we are expecting our 1st together mid march.i treat them as my own and love them dearly. Problem is,her mum has never spoken to me and wont have anythin...
Views: 134   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 6:54pm
by Ang
Punishment/Discipline
I am at my wits end with my 11 year old daughter. She has turned into the "teenager" from hell without even being in her teens!! She answers back when I ask her to do anything, unless she wants to do it. She is rude and disrespectful, often in front of other paren...
Views: 270   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 5:17pm
by aerin
Difficult 4 Year Old
Help! I feel at a real loss with what to do with my 4 year old. He is a very confident little chap and very outgoing but seems very angry all the time. I am not sure if this is pent up frustration but he just shouts alot. We get on very well at home but when we go ou...
Views: 141   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 5:11pm
by aerin
m
mel
11year old daughter won't hurry!
My daughter regularly takes more than two hours to get ready for school. She gets up early enough and doesn't have any learning or behavioural difficulties as far as i know but she just wastes time every morning and its making the house a war zone as I then get the b...
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 4:46pm
by aerin
v
Vicky
My child doesn't fit in
I am so distraught. My beautiful, fun, sweet daughter cannot seem to make friends. She's 6 1/2. She's a little taller than the girls in her class, but bright and friendly. She has started losing her teeth, sooner than the other children, but that wouldn't make her an...
Views: 426   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 6:50pm
by aerin
11 year old son
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance. Guess I need to vent a bit. I have an 11year old little boy. He is absolutely no trouble to me, but has had lots of trouble with school. In 2002 he was assaulted and shaken quite badly by a teacher who was suf...
Views: 367   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 3:11pm
by Morgan Evans And...
s
Steph
My 3yr old refuses to talk to father on the phone
My three year old's father and I separated before she was born. We have a horrible relationship at best, and don't communicate unless we have to. (However we put on the good face in front of her)I have been helping my daughter work through her anxiety of not wanting...
Views: 275   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 9:10pm
by ellie
Stylish shopping for kids
Hi I just found a really cool site for toys and kids stuff. It's called MonkeyShine. They do those funky pull along wagons from Radio Flyer . Along with cute tricycles and ride-ons I also found a brilliant alternative to my annoying buggy board that keeps catchin...
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 7:09pm
by Sarah Robinson
r
roma
night time distress
my 20month old son used to be a good sleeper and such a happy child, now he wakes up all hours of the night and screams and shouts, when i go into him he doesnt want me to pick him up or touch him, then if i leave the room he screams until i come and pick him up and...
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 5:15am
by aerin
shy daughter
My 6 year old daughter finds it difficult making friends, she always follows the children and stands on the side lines wanting to join in, but she doesn't speak very much. The children then just ignore her or runaway from her. I am very upset about this as I don't...
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 12:34am
by Kimberley
15 year old boy says he is too old for a babysitter. Is he? I say NO.
Should I continue to get a babysitter for him? He has schoolwork and coming exams. I want him in bed at a reasonable time 9pm. not out on the streets which I'm sure he would be otherwise.
Views: 349   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 12:19am
by Kimberley
2YR OLDS
my 2yr old wont sleep! tried everything! please help!
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 11:58pm
by Kimberley
Selective Hearing
I have three kids ages 7, 4 and 3 ( will be 4 and 5 next month). My daughter who will be 4 next month will not accept no for an answer. When she asks to go outside or to play a certain game (like Candyland) and I have to tell her "No, not now, but later when your b...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 8:01pm
by ellie
l
Laura
Defiant 5 year old boy
Please help, I am a stay at home Mom with two children, girl 8 and boy 5. I am struggling with my Son, he has become very defiant. He is so independant and out going, he is very strong willed and has started to misbehave by trying to make his own decisions as what...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 12:06pm
by cassie
m
mokua
Finding A Way To Help Children With Math
Math skills are vital to every child's future.Unfortunately many kids have difficulties with math not because they are not bright but simply because they dont think math is fun.When our kids struggle with math,and many do,we need a way to help.We should understand th...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 10:41am
by mokua
j
joe
Dating a woman with a 10 year old son,,,
Hi, I have recently met and fallen madly in love with beautiful woma...the problem i am experiencing is she has a 10 year old son...and i dont know how to handle this situation. I dont know how be a parent...and to make things worse she allowa him to control her l...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 5:38am
by aerin
m
Mokua
Benefits Of Teaching Your Child Sign Language!
Hi everyone.My name is Mokua from Nairobi,Kenya.I am a mother of a year old baby girl.I have been quite keen to understand the benefits of teaching young kids sign language and i have been surprised at how often sign language really comes in handy for both myself and...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 10:40am
by Mokua
t
Tara
I want my boobs back!
My baby is a year old and still likes to be nursed at night. I nurse her before bed, then shes okay for a few hours and wants more. I'm up with her every two to four hours, I can't take it anymore. Trying to wean her is turning into a nightmare. I've tryed changing h...
Views: 191   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 12:04am
by Laura
l
Lainey
Seven Year Old Battles
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help my seven year old and I just moved out of my mothers house into a home of our own, we lived there from the day he was born, the thing is his behaviour is becoming awful, he's answering back, being nasty, refusing to do as he's...
Views: 121   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 12:01am
by Laura
MY KIDS WONT PLAY TOGETHER
Hi i have a 3yr old son and a 1 yr old daughter, the thing is they wont play together,my son wont let my daughter play with anything,he wont even let her play with her own toys,why is this and can anyone give me any advice on getting him to share and play together?
Views: 128   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 9:22pm
by Liz
c
carla
2 yr old blues
hi ,this is my first time on ere i need some advice my little boy has just turned 2 , im a single mum who works full time, hes just started his tantums and there getting worse i dont know how to help him to bring him out of these, also he used to be a brillint sleep...
Views: 241   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 5:10pm
by Kerry T
t
Tasha
HELP
Hi i am new on here so not quite sure if i am doing things correct. I am a single mum and have a son who is 2 yrs 3 mths, i split from his dad in feb 2006 I have recently moved in with my parents as i have sold the family home ( it is a nightmare living here, i...
Views: 299   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 5:00pm
by Kerry T
s
susy
son thinks he's a superhero
My 3 year old son thinks he's a superhero. He insists that we call him "squeegie the superhero" and he gets hysterical if we call him by his given name. He tells us that "squeegie" has come to live with us and that our "real" son has grown up and lives at the airpo...
Views: 287   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 4:45pm
by Kerry T
HELP!...My 3yr old son is soo noisey
Hi my 3yr old son is really noisey for most of the day,he screams and shouts alot of the time,he used to go to bed at 6pm and stay asleep until 6am every night but now that has all changed... He has started waking up just to play but like i said he is very noisey i...
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 4:32pm
by Kerry T
18mth boy is clingy.
My 18mth boy is very clingy to his mother when I am around. He can't bear to be seperated from her when I am home, screaming and throwing tantrums whenever I pick him up. I'm feeling left out. The irony being when mum goes to work we have a great time together. I wa...
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 8:50pm
by aerin
5 year olds and death
We have had a few days of my 5 year old daughter getting a little distraught over the subject of death. She brings it up then bursts into tears saying she doesn't want to die and she doesn't want to go to heaven - she wants to stay in her house - we do try and reassu...
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 7:35pm
by cassie
eating
My 6 year old daughter is a very fussy eater, whe won't eat foods if they are mixed together or sometimes even touching. She doesn't like meat very much and if I cook meat she doesn't eat it at all, meats that are precooked she will eat some of. The only veg she ea...
Views: 230   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 2:22pm
by amber
pooping out of the diaper
i was wondering why does my 11 1/2 year old daughter poop out of her diaper, up her back? this happens about twice a week. i have size 3 diapers, i think they are her size.. why is this happening?
Views: 149   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 10:36am
by ellie
advice needed
hey all i am in a relationship with a single mum, her 8year old son has some fears, one is afraid of the dark has a lamplight on all night but won't go to sleep till he is tired which will be anywhere from 10-midnight, i try to get him in bed earlier but keeps coming...
Views: 159   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 7:18am
by Aerin
5 year olds
Help ! My 5 year old daughter is having a fairly unhappy time at the moment - she tells us nobody likes her no-one believes in her and that we only like her little sister ! Mind you having said that most of the times she tells us this is shortly after she has been...
Views: 289   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 6:08pm
by Charles Macdonal...
h
Helen
Co sleeping
10 year old boy still co sleeping inhis mother's bed ( my step son) what effect is this going to have on his future state of mind?
Views: 304   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 2:07pm
by cassie
k
kerry
3 yr old and 2 yr old
hi... i have 3 children all together, a 3 yr old a 2 yr old and a 8 mnth old... im having trouble with my 3 yr old at the min and my 2 yr old is copying her... basically i left my partner (there dad) 2 yrs ago, they still see there dad but ive got a nu partner an...
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 6:13pm
by kerry
m
May VJ
Conversation advice
We have one son who is 4 years old; he started late, when he was around 3. He understands all that we say, he listens to you, he will so what is being told to him. His talking has increased, now he answers to questions like What is your name? Which school do you...
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 3:25pm
by cassie
my 4 year old daughter and scratching
im looking for advice on my little girls scratching habit. she has marked her elder and younger brothers faces by scratching when they upset her. when she doesnt get her own way with me and her dad, she has also scratched us both and hurt my arm and my feelings1 she...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 6, 2007 1:36pm
by cassie
n
nadine
my 6 year olds behaviour
I am worried about my six yr old daughters behaviour, she is very independent and does not obey, plus lately she has started to answer back with nonsense and words that are out of the subject. I don't like this attitude and we are constantly arguing with her and sen...
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 5, 2007 5:05pm
by Aerin
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Free Forum powered by Bravenet