Start a New Topic 
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
boyfriend and my child
What should I do if I think that in the heat of the moment my boyfriend is inappropriatly disciplining my son? On one hand, I do not want to conteract his parenting skills or authority infront of my son as it is occuring. On the other hand, sometimes I feel like I...
Views: 286   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 2:48pm
by delimma
l
lina
dilemma in the south of france
I am a single mom living in the south of France. I am originally Dutch and my ex is British. We moved to the south of France 5 years ago from London to get out of the rat race. I was working as a management consultant and travelling a lot and my ex was a stockbroke...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 9:12am
by cassie
r
Rob
Looking for feedback on my website
I've been working on a website for parents to share advice, start their own parenting blog, and make new friends! I launched the site last week, but I really want to get the opinions of some parents on what they think of the site.. You can find it at www.justparen...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 11:07pm
by Rob
Back to work
Hi, Wonder if anyone has any advice. 4 weeks agoI started back at work after being off on maternity for 9 months after having my second child. My childminder who looked after my eldest who is nearly 4 didn't have any spaces so after a lot of agonising months a...
Views: 314   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 7:51pm
by Martine
parenting classes - your experience
Hi, I'm a trainee journalist and am writing an article on parenting classes. I would love to talk to anyone who has had either a very positive or negative experience of parenting classes. My contact details are: boydolivia@hotmail.com/07977 272 193. Thank you!
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 7:01pm
by Hemyola Shantini
r
Rex
Teen Issues
Is your teen using drugs and alcohol, defiant, hanging with the wrong peer group and out of control? If that is the case I have a story to tell in the form of a poem. If it sounds familiar just email me.
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 6:34pm
by Rex
ex and my teen age sons
My ex has been fighting for custody of my preteen son. I also have two teen from a previous marriage. He has been trying to get custody of my pre teen who is his son. Pre teen does no want to live there but ex keeps fighting for his own agenda kinda thing. He has...
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 11:12am
by jen
v
Vic
toilet training
Hi there, My little boy is very nearly three, he has been toilet trained for nearly 6 months and picked it up quite easily, apart from, he still refuses to go for a 'number two' in the toilet. I've tried the whole softly softly not getting annoyed approach but it...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 5:49pm
by Vic
a
April
My 14 yr old daughter sneeks out, how should I punish this?
She has snuck out 3 times to spend time with her boyfriend. I just found out and I have talked with her extensively about this, about her future, about her morals, etc. She has a good attitude and says she is glad she got caught. I am struggling with how to puni...
Views: 248   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 3:06pm
by Liz
m
mags
son needs glasses
he is 8 years old and is horrified and has said he wont wear them and thats it. he has to wear them all the time. none of us wear glasses so i am a complete dummy when it comes to glasses. has anyone any tips on helping him feel comfortable with this and make it less...
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 2:35pm
by Lou
s
Sarah
So upset and worried. Please advise.
Hi,I have a 12 year old son who is generaly a very good boy. A few days ago a friend of mine who has a 5 year old son reported that her son had said my son had been playing a game which involved them pushing their private areas into each other. I'm so upset and worri...
Views: 378   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 2:07pm
by Liz
a
Ang
midwifes
hi,im angelas partner,paul.i am concerned about the length of time between angelas visit to the midwife.she is now 34 weeks pregnant and saw the midwife today who said the next visit will be in 4 weeks time.(38 weeks ). her last visit wes 4 weeks ago (3o weeks).is th...
Views: 261   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 10:30am
by Emma
kids moving out at 4.....
Call me crazy, or a horrible mother, which ever, but please help! My son is 4, he will be 5 in april. He went to Alabama with my mom Tuesday to visit my aunt. He came back last night and today he is going nuts lol. He got mad at me because I put him in timeout, cause...
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 7:37pm
by helen
4yr old son asked to leave nursery!!
Hi Everyone I would really appreciate some advice regarding my 4yr old son. I went back to work when my son was 2yrs old and placed him in a local bursery that I had received positive feedback about. For 18mths or so there were no real issues to speak of bar the oc...
Views: 275   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 7:13pm
by helen
Fun stuff for kids...
Following on from the Craft issue last weekend, this Saturday 10th Feb, The Guardian is doing an Origami supplement. The theme is animals…from Swan to Sloth, they’ll all pretty simple and ideal for parents to make with their kids. http://www.myspace.co...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 4:52pm
by hackneyknittingc...
j
Jenn
How to get my 13 month old to sleep alone??
I have a 13 month old child who refuses to fall asleep in his crib.. He wants to fall asleep in our bed with somebody laying beside him until hes right out sleeping. (Mind you that i made the mistake of letting him sleep with me since the day we brought him home from...
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 5:38am
by aerin
Please complete a very brief parenting survey for upcoming book
Hello. I am a licensed psychologist and author in the Chicago area and I am writing a book on parenting. I would greatly appreciate it if you would provide your opinions in a very brief survey on parenting. Just use the link below to access the survey. Your responses...
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 9:32pm
by Author in Chicag...
e
Emma
Scared of the future!
Hi I am a mother of 3 children from a previous relationship and 8 mths pregnant with number 4. I feel so lonely as my partner works all week and at weekends he goes to football matches and he is a referee, so we hardly get anytime together as a family or a couple....
Views: 480   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 2:11pm
by Emma
s
Sharon
4 year old son exhibiting bullying tendences
Hello My son is 4, almost 5 and has recently started full time at school. Prior to that he was at full time nursery from 4 months. He is a bright child, seems to have lots of friends and has settled well at school. He is also a big lad. I have spoken to the health v...
Views: 277   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 11:10am
by David Peet
m
martin
12 year old girl hitting and kicking mother
Friends child is hitting and kicking her mother on an irregular basis. Number of issues in the family including: Very difficult at times (4 year old brother) Father works late - not very hands-on Mother prone to stress girl has said she will kill herself, has t...
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2007 6:35pm
by martin
godparents
My husband and I just asked some family members to become our son's godparents. My son is six years old and now I would like to tell him about his new godparents. Does anyone have any advise about what to say to him? He's very smart for his age and I don't want to...
Views: 378   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 10:49pm
by Nicki B
my son is making problems at school
Hi, I was wandering if anyone could offer some advice in regard to my son's behaviour. He is an active child but not a trouble maker at home. He is shy, scared of EVERYTHING, has low self esteem. He has two younger sisters and is OK with them, occasionaly there is t...
Views: 317   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 10:22pm
by Liz
e
Erik Z
My 2 Year Old Won't Sleep
We're having a terrible time getting our 2 year old to sleep. He seems to go to sleep at night all right, but during the night he always wakes up. It could be at 11:00 or it could be at 2:00. He may wake up only once or he may wake up multiple times. We don't r...
Views: 248   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 8:13pm
by Erik Z
e
Erik Z
Follow Up: Angry Wife
Thanks to everyone who helped me out on my last post. As you may or may not recall, my wife has a short temper and I am concerned about how she loses her cool with the kids. She went away for a long weekend and everything seemed to go smoothly, except when she came...
Views: 317   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 7:53pm
by Erik Z
crying 5 month old!!
my son has just turned 5 months old and is now trying loads of new things.. today he seems to be very upset about something and will not calm down.. He seems alright in himself but there is 1 thing i have noticed, his 1st finger on his left hand side seems to be...
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 1:02pm
by Liz
l
Lisa
Emotional 5 Year Old Missing Mom
My daughter gets very emotional when I leave for work. She also has said that I am never around. I only spend a total of 2 hours a day away from her. I work nights and see her every day and on weekends. Her father is home every night. She is with a babysitter a few h...
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 9:47am
by Abbeys Mom
l
Liz
Hi Cassie
Hey there, nice to see you're browsing too! Hope you;re Ok, havent seen you on msn for ages. Just wanted to give you a wave Love Liz xx
Views: 208   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 9:45am
by cassie
c
cassie
Sesame Street Kids DVD Giveaway
Just a quick note to let you know that Monicka and I have been lucky enough to be given 10 new Sesame Street DVD, to give away on our site, they are called "Elmo's World: What Makes You Happy" and a very cool DVD if you have little kids. If you visit www.kidsgoals...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 9:44am
by cassie
Inappropriate Behavior and How to Discipline
I have an 8 year old son. He tried to pull down the pants of a girl in gym class. He is very immature and this is the 2nd time this has happened this year. How would you discipline him? Thanks!
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 11:09pm
by Liz
Babysitting?
Hi Everyone! My name is Susan, a mother of a five year old daughter, and I just moved to San Francisco. Great, beautiful city but can anyone help me find a babysitter for the occasional weekends when I want a little time away from my daughter? Any suggestions would...
Views: 325   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 9:15pm
by pyridoxinehydroc...
Childrens Parties
Hi everyone, i am sorry to approach you in this way but am struggling to find any other solutions! I am conducting some research for a new childrens party planning service and am finding it difficult to find a way to approach parents at a time when they have a few mi...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 5:01pm
by Melissa
2 yr old acting like a dog
We have a family dog which gets along very well with our 2 yr old. However, our 2 yr old likes to "pretend" to be a dog. It does not bother us that much when she likes to crawl around or want her "belly" rubbed like the dog, what really bothers us is she likes to g...
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 9:34am
by ellie
j
Jen
My 2.5 yr old is being bullied!!!
My two and half year old son goes to a Play Group. Lately he has stopped eating, he hits his little sister a lot for no reason and tends to bully younger children at home (his cousin and sister), throws terrible fits of anger. He gets punished at home, but he lashes...
Views: 309   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 3:44am
by john
four year old getting out of control?
Our four year old daughter has lately got really defiant, hard to control, she has started to tell lies to get what she wants, and for her piece de resistance this week she managed to get out of school. As well as being horrified on a security level that it was ac...
Views: 321   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 4:54pm
by aerin
g
Gia
2 yr old daughter sleep problems need any help or info/advice pls
hi,my daughter is now 2yrs and 6mth old my partner and i have a serious problem, well many 1) refuses to sleep in her own bed causing my partner to sleep in her bed in the kids room. 2) if she misses her nap and we think ohhhh great she will sleep through from 7pm to...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 7:04am
by aerin
18 yr old drop out, partying and irresponsible
My 18 almost 19 yr old step daughter has droped out of school and stays out all night then sleeps all day. She will not activaly search for a job and has a car payment. She moved to Omaha last summer when she turned 18 because it offered better opportunities but wh...
Views: 315   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 2:23am
by aerin
a
ayse
9 year old boy to control himself
Dear Naomi, Thank you for your response My computer was out of order so I can write now. He is pretty intelligent.We have problems with the behaviours. For example when we play a game with him, he never wants to stop. And if we insist on stopping he throws away the...
Views: 187   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2007 6:59pm
by aerin
a
ayse
9 year old boy to control himself
My 9 year old son is an intelligent and smart boy but he cannot control his behaviors. He does know what is right what is wrong but cannot stop doing bad things. Try to make us angry most of the time.He is on the borders...
Views: 287   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 3, 2007 6:51pm
by aerin
a
Andrea
I need some advice with my 4.5 year old
Hi I am at my wits end with what to do. My daughter is a wonderful little girl. She loves to be apart of what is going on. The issue that I am having is hard to sum up in words but she seems to be having a hard time understanding what is right and wrong. We have r...
Views: 266   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2007 4:10pm
by ojxziizh
Tourette's Syndrome and School Bullying
If anyone should be interested in either subject or both, I've started a website devoted to the topics of Tourette's Syndrome and school bullying based upon my personal childhood experiences. There is nothing to buy or donate to and there are no ads, including at th...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2007 12:56am
by Donald Schneider
s
Scott
What information would you guys like to see in a parenting website?
Hi, this isn't spam. Me and some colleagues are building an informational website for parents. I'm well aware that there are many similar sites on the net, we want this one to be different. What kind of information do you have trouble finding? Some examples:...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 6:55pm
by Scott
k
kelly
husbands grandmother
I need some advice. My husbands grandmother watches our 3 year old son a couple times a week while we're at work. Sometimes she watches him over night when we want time to ourselves. Her driving history is not the best (she's been in several minor accidents in 1 year...
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 3:25pm
by Matt
t
TM
CHILDREN NEED DISCIPLINE
Hello I am the proud mom of a beautiful 26 year old girl making her own way in the world without as much as a penny from mom and dad. When she was young, we provided her with a beautiful home, her own room, and you name it, she had it. Waterbed, color tv with r...
Views: 226   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 3:17pm
by Matt
j
jen
Different strokes for different folks...
Just writing to say I think I am pleased with TM's posts, but not in the way you are thinking... this is a forum and needs different inputs to make it worth opening and reading and, I know this will sound a little peevish, but with so many parents in the world its in...
Views: 153   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 3:10pm
by Matt
Nightime sleeping and waking
I have a 15 month old daughter. On the whole she usually sleeps well through the night. I sometimes need to use the 'controlled crying' technique to get her to sleep but once down she used to be ok for the night. Recently, she has started waking up in the night scre...
Views: 227   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 7:46am
by Helen Osborn
Sensory Processing Disorder
Hi, wonder if anyone has any good advice. My son, who is almost 4, has just been diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder. I was shocked and upset to receive the diagnosis as for ages everyone had been reassuring me that he was just a naughty boy and would grow o...
Views: 277   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 7:28pm
by pinkmissylissy
l
Lesley
Help! My 5 year old is a jerk
Hi, I have a 5 year old girl and she is the mouthiest child ever. She is an only child but my husband and I are strict for the most part. We spend alot of time with her and have her involved in lots of activities (not too many). We follow though with our threats o...
Views: 340   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 6:34pm
by Lesley
Five year old boy and Underpants
Hi All, I hoping for some advice. My five year old son has recently started pulling his underpants tight into his bottom like a thong, saying it helps him hold in a pooh. He does this pretty much every few minutes, whether indoors or out, public or private. I a...
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 12:15pm
by Chris B
e
Ella
10 yr old daughter hates school
Hi, I have a 10 year old daughter who hates school and I am really worried about her and am at a loss on how to help her. She has never been very academic but has always got by, she gets lots of extra help at school and at home but this does not seem to improve her...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 10:41am
by Ella
t
Tracy
separated parents/12 year old child
My husband and I have been separated for 4 years. I have two boys, ages 12 and 6. I am the primary caregiver. My children spend 1 night a week with their father. Lately my 12 year old, who is generally a really good kid, has started lashing out at me. This is ou...
Views: 204   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2007 11:08pm
by ellie
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Free Forum powered by Bravenet