Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
l
LEAH
two year old aggressive
Hi My two year old daughter is very aggressive to other children and adults. Her behaviour is very unpredictable she lashes out at anyone that doesnt want to do her thing. She pulled a little girls hair out in a shop yesterday for no reason. I have tried talking and...
Views: 241   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 24, 2007 12:45am
by Liz
k
kate
7 yr old who wants to be a girl
my 7 year old son has always wanted to dress in girl clothes, at some point he realised that this was not accepted within society and now only wants to do it in the privacy of the home or close friends houses. he has recently asked me if he can change his name to Chr...
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 22, 2007 10:37pm
by Woo
Angry and resentful child following separation
My nine year old son is becoming more and more defiant. I left the family home in January, feeling that as a full time uni student I would be less able to provide a stable home for him, his brother and sister, than their father. Although the relationship between his...
Views: 293   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2007 12:33pm
by Felicity Tetley
r
renee
15 month old pushing kids over
Hi, my son is 15 months old and whenever other children go near where he is playing, he will push them away (or over) and will sometimes pull their hair. I would like to know the best way to approach this. He also pulls my hair a lot - it appears to be a comfort thi...
Views: 202   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 22, 2007 12:57am
by renee
My children are out of control!!!!
Hi my name is Jerry, I have four kids ranging from 10-3 and they are so out of control, everyone keeps teeling my husband and I that we need supernanny LOL but really we don't want anyone coming to our home to tell us how to raise our kids. But we need something to g...
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 4:38pm
by ellie
screaming step son of 11
I recently married into a family with the man I love and his 3 seemingly wonderful children. The 2 girls, 7 and 13, behave well, with almost no conflict. The 11 year old boy is the problem. He argues with everything I say, screams at me and his sisters, but as soo...
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 3:50pm
by willow
a
Abbie
2 year old head-banging against cot
My two year old girl who is usually very well behaved has taking to head-banging at bedtime to seek attention from myself and my husband. This can happen when going to bed and during the night. We are really worried about the harm she is doing but don't know what to...
Views: 177   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2007 3:47pm
by willow
n
Nicky
9yr old who doesnt know how to be happy
I have a 9yr old boy who never smiles and finds it hard to talk to people in a polite way. He is a very good swimmer and has lots of praise and encouragement, lots of parents congratulate him when he does well but he just grunts at people and walks off without even...
Views: 240   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2007 8:14am
by Liz Benn
5.3 yrs old daughter , do not obey
Hi my 5.3 yrs old daughter is becoming very naughty. i have 2-3 questions to ask : 1. if i ask her to do something she never do and reply that u do urself. i will not do. 2. she don't want to study maths. whenever i asked her to so some work in maths she sa...
Views: 219   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 13, 2007 7:40pm
by ellie
Major sleep problems with our 3 1/2 year old.
Hi, We are having major problems with our Daughter who is 3 and a half. She will not go to sleep with out a massive fight. For example, last night she cried and screamed and threw a tantrum for about an hour until 9PM she then woke at 1.20 and would not let me ou...
Views: 249   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 13, 2007 7:21pm
by Alvin Tucker
screamimg, ignoring me, outburst
My 5 year son ignores me when I dscipline him, and his immediate response to my discipline is to scream. He has said things like "I want a new mommy I don't want to live with you anymore. you're a mean mommy." All I'm doing is teaching him right from wrong, and sayin...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 11:51pm
by Randy Colin
8 year old daughter, out of control
Please can someone help me as I'm at my wits end!!! My daughter has been disgustingly behaved from the age of 5yrs old - she is cheeky, rude, hits out, throws things & has tantrums constantly. I have tried every approach that I can think of, the latest a reward chart...
Views: 249   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 8:12pm
by Hemyola Shantini
g
gabby
stubborn smart kids with a dramatic flair
my four yr old son simon is the most stubborn kid i have ever met. from the time he was 1 yr old he started to exhibit stubborness. im worried because he is also very dramatic when things dont go his way. moreover he is very smart and knows more than any 4 yr old i...
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 4:26am
by Hemyola Shantini
l
Liz
My son has swallowed a key! worried sick
Hi everyone, I can't sleep so I came here to vent... Today my 6 yr old was playing with a little yale padlock key this evening, he loves keys. Suddenly as I was doing some stuff online he started crying in a panicky way and yelped "I've gulped down my key!" I tota...
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 4:18am
by Jane
n
Nadine
Screaming child
Help my 15 month old son wakes in the morning by screaming as if he is in extreme pain, as soon as i go to him he is all smiles so i'm sure that nothing is wrong, how do i stop this behaviour? i have tried to leave him (for no more than 10 minute). He shares a room w...
Views: 227   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 8:50pm
by Hemyola Shantini
l
Linda
12 year old showing Mom inappropriate affection
I want to be eligible for the No Charge offer please. I have an adopted 12 year old child, who is actually my nephew. We have had him since he was 6, and he had a pretty horrible beginning. He always had to take care of his drug addicted mom, and he found his step...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 2:51am
by Liz
a
ASHLEY
UNCONTROLLABLE TODDLER
HI MY NAME IS ASHLEY. I AM 22 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD SON, TYLER. TYLER HAS HORRIBLE BEHAVIOR TOWARDS ME. WITH HIS GRANDPARENTS, UNCLES AND BABYSITTERS HE IS FINE. BUT WHEN HE IS WITH OR AROUND ME HE GOES CRAZY. HE THROWS TEMPER TANTRUMS, HE HITS ME, KICKS...
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 4, 2007 9:05pm
by Anne-Marie Dalto...
j
jenni
friends coming over
I have an 8 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. I need a rule. What should the rule be when she has a friend over and my 4 year old wants to play and be included. She does not want him to play with them because she thinks he steals her friends away.
Views: 263   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 4, 2007 8:15am
by Hemyola Shantini
Planning to leave 2 and a half year old daughter with Parents abroad
Hi, I live in the US with my husband and 2 year old daughter. My parents are in India and miss my daughter very much. I too want my child to spend a good time with the. We are planning to visit India this November, and I was thinking if it is ok to leave my daught...
Views: 241   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2007 8:02am
by Hemyola Shantini
URGENT! Quick Advice About Car Sick Child Needed!
My poor daughter (6) has been taking a school bus on field trips this summer and told me that she got really car sick on some of the longer rides. I kind of brushed it off since I assumed it had passed soon after the ride but her counselor casually brought it up tod...
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2007 7:51am
by Hemyola Shantini
a
ally
waking for bottle
i have a son whos almost 3 and still gets up through the night to get his bottle filled sometimes he wakes twice, i also have a 1 year old daughter who is starting to have the same pattern of behaviour wanting a bottle through the night and she also wont sleep in her...
Views: 208   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 3, 2007 6:38pm
by Stephanie
2year old with sassy mouth
My daughter is 2 1/2. She has such a sassy mouth. She talks back, she uses words like "So", "I don't care", "Leave me alone". She will also TELL people to do things or get her things instead of ASKING. We always correct her and she'll say it nicely with please and...
Views: 154   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 3, 2007 4:58am
by Stephanie
j
Jon
1 Bedroom Flat
Hi, my wife and I are planning to start a family soon. We live in a 1 bedroom flat, although the bedroom is quite a good size, and we have a fairly large lounge. This may be a daft question, but I am not sure about the practicalities of us having a baby whilst having...
Views: 223   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 3, 2007 4:46am
by Stephanie
What to do about friend's parents.
I have a 6 year old daughter and we live in a neighborhood with lots of kids who all play together either as a group or whoever happens to be out at the time. The parents of her closest friend are really nice but extremely paranoid and think that the other neighborh...
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 3, 2007 4:39am
by Stephanie
l
Lori
19 year old
My step daughter who is 19 yrs old, pregnate, married and unemployed (her choice)hasn't made a car payment on a vehicle that we cosigned on when she turned 18 in over a year. She moved out last summer moved to a different state to finish high school only to move bac...
Views: 270   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 3, 2007 4:29am
by Stephanie
s
Stacey
6 year old son
My 6 year old son has been caught "playing doctor" with two of his boy cousins (on seperate ocassions) 4 times within the past year. I have also walked in his room at bedtime before and seen him humping his bed. My husband and I are very strict on what we watch, and...
Views: 272   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 2, 2007 10:34pm
by Stacey
child lying
dear sir, My son is five and a half years old and he is studing in senior kinder garten.yesterday evening he started to hit his head with his hand while eating the dinner.when i asked him about the reason ,he said `My mam in the school bus slapped me when I tried to...
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 1, 2007 4:05pm
by ellie
l
Liz
Nicki B....advice?
Hi Nicki, After being on the boards a while, I've noticed you talk about your son's dyspraxia, and wondered if you could tell me something about it and how you went about getting help for him. Ewan's teacher brought up the possibility in reception; her own son...
Views: 275   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 31, 2007 11:31am
by Nicki B
Agressive outbursts
After my wife and I divorced nearly three years ago one of our 4 children started to become very disruptive. She is 7 years old, the other children being 10, 5 and 3. Most of the time she is an angel even using her pocket money to buy her mother and sisters little tr...
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 30, 2007 6:56pm
by BE WARNED ABOUT ...
l
Laura
9Yr Old Boy - Telling lies...
I have two stepsons I see regularly at weekends, the oldest is 13yrs and the youngest is nearly 10yrs. And despite a very close and loving relationship with both boys for the last 7 years the youngest keeps telling me and his parents fibs. Sometimes they are rea...
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 27, 2007 2:57am
by Cathy
s
SuzieB
3 1/2 yr old who has toilet problems at nursery
I need some ideas for my 3 1/2 yr old son who attends nursery 3 days a week. At home he is dry during the day and tells us when he need the toilet although we sometimes have to guess if he is engrossed in something. However it is a different story at nursery. He j...
Views: 198   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2007 9:31pm
by ellie
Practical Parenting Workshop
I would like to run a "Practical Parenting" Workshop and want to know how to get started and what materials I am privy to use as part of my class. I've never run a workshop and I'm not sure if using other people's material(the abundence of information that is out th...
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 2:39am
by Michelle
sleeping problems
Can any one tell me how to get my 23 month old daughter to stay into bed. I have spent up to 4 hours putting her back into her crib hundreds of times a night. If any body has some advice please let me know I feel like I have tried every thing
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2007 9:58pm
by stephanie becker
shyness & fibbing
My almost 4 year old daughter has a hard time letting me out of her site. I can't even leave the room. She takes a long time to warm up to playing with friends. She doesn't participate in classroom/dance class. She just wants me. She will cry if she can't see me, eve...
Views: 208   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 6:53pm
by ellie
charging money
My 9 year old boy wants money, when he does something at home, for example throwing garbage is 2$ or sweeping the floor 5$, something like that...I think he doesn't have right to ask this,because he lives in this house and these are his responsibility, what do you th...
Views: 227   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 1:04pm
by snakes
l
Liz
My 13 yr old daughter does not want to share me with my husband.
I had my daughter when I was 17 and I did not get married until just recently, I am 30 now. She is 13. It has been just the two of us since she was born. I never brought any of my dates around. She is having a really hard time with this. She confessed to me last nig...
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 12:58pm
by snakes
New, Free Website BabyChange.com
Hi, I've just launched a new, free website to help people find family friendly places (some with baby changing facilities) local to them. So far it has data for the Cambridge area, but I'm hoping others will contribute locations for other areas too, to help one a...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 12:57pm
by Richard Bagnall
trouble with my two kids
My two children are always arguing and fighting. My daughter is 5 and my son is 11. I am not always around when the trouble starts but I always wind up hearing her yelling because he's done sonething to her. I dont know if its just him or her as well. I dont want to...
Views: 252   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 12:56pm
by snakes
Check this great offer
Huge selection of products, discounted prices! No Prescription required for products. Order Testosterone Order Testosterone Cypionate Order Testosterone Suspension Order Cutting Steroids Order Winstrol Men's Health impotence treatment Skin Care Stop Acne We...
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 12:54pm
by Mary
j
jason
respect
my soon to be 4 year old, will not listen to me period! And when i tell her to do any thing, its no i don't have to! Or any thing i tell, or ask her to do for that matter! Is there a nother method i can use?????
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 12:52pm
by snakes
r
Roy
6yr old daughter with toilet troubles
For the last couple of years, on and off, my daughter has had daytime wetting issues - non medical. We have tried everything to work through this but nothing seems to work long term. The only success seems to be to make her wear a long skirt with no underwear, becaus...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 12:48pm
by snakes
d
Donna
i am having severe problems with my 8 yr old girl
I am having so much rouble with my little girl, the schools no getting back to me, the school nurse, the doctor is flogging me off, ishe is so unconrolable, she doesnt cae about anyhing, she is thumping walls and doors, throwing things at me and my baby, her temper i...
Views: 322   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 5:01am
by Hemyola Shantini
My 21/2 Years daughter always sucks her thumb
Hello, I have a problem with my daughter , I cannot take out her habit from always sucking her thumb . her front teeths are becoming to have a wrong form they are pushed out . I tried to punish her in different ways : - let her sit on the rug - put a bandage...
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 4:53am
by Hemyola Shantini
k
kaoru
3yr old who ignores parents and his teachers.
My 3 yrs old son started a nursery school and the teachers told me that he doesn't listen to them. He has been saying that he likes the school and actually he enjoys music he learns and more. But he refuses to be dropped off at the class room every morning. I kn...
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 4:46am
by Hemyola Shantini
Nervous little girl
My daughter is 9yrs and is a lovely little girl but she seems to be very nervous. She bites her nails, she panics at the slightest thing and she takes tantrums over really stupid things and gets herself completely worked up. She's frightened to do so many things be...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 7:43pm
by ellie
Tommy's, the baby charity needs you!
Tommy’s, the baby charity needs YOU! UK wide charity calls on mums and parents-to-be to share pregnancy experiences As part of its awareness raising programme to highlight the issues of pregnancy complications, Tommy’s, the baby charity is looking...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2007 11:37am
by Kristy MacLeod
Help me relieve my guilt.
My daughter is 6 years old and I find myself feeling guilty or anxious a lot when it comes to her I am sure it has to effect her. I'll find myself feeling very upset after I put her to bed, especially if we get in an argument, if I have to punish her or I just didn'...
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 18, 2007 10:22pm
by Liz
m
Mike
Returning to old faces after a move.
My nephew is nearly 8. He was born in Spain to my sister and her partner who have since seperated. My nephew now lives in the UK with my sister, having moved back from Spain in February 2007. He is a very articulate and well-balanced child, who finds making friends...
Views: 217   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 8:03pm
by Mike
k
karen
odd behaviour from my 9 year old
my 9 year old girl seems very immature for her age. i expected at this age to be having more grown up conversations with her, instead she always talks in a baby voice. she is also seems to just sit around just watching t.v i try and encorage, her to do things but sh...
Views: 313   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 4:01pm
by Marlene
a
Aubree
6 yr. old behavior problem
My 6 year old girl has a bad behavior problem, mainly her mouth. When she is told to do something, she refuses, yells at me, throws a tantrum, turns red in the face. When I tell her no, she says she's doing it anyway because she's the boss. We go round and round e...
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 10:25pm
by Donna
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Free Forum powered by Bravenet