Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
sarah
5 yr old girl behavior
My daughter turned 5 in March and started school this year. Her teacher sent a note home today saying that her pin was moved from green to yellow because she can not keep her hands to herself. Teacher wrote: Liz is haveing a hard time keeping her hands off of boys...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2005 11:21pm
by Petal
s
SadMum
"Punishing" a child...
I have a 10-year old child who is extremely well-liked by teachers, parents, peers, etc... the problem is that he is so good to others that he saves his "bad" behavior for me. Last week he went too far and said something (out of anger) to me at work that other people...
Views: 188   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2005 8:49pm
by MARIE
j
Jane
Behavioural Difficulties
My 5 yr old son has started at a new school AND bit another boy on the first day. His teacher says he was genuinely sorry. In the past he has biten other kids when upset/angry about something, however,lately this behaviour did not persist. He does get angry at times....
Views: 404   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 20, 2005 7:30pm
by melanie
a
aa
sdfsdf
Purpose: to find out the percentage of the salt and the sand. Also, to have an idea of the filtiration process. Apparatus: -Filter paper -Watch glass -funnel -beaker -retort stand -ring clamp -scoopula -stirring rod -beaker -clay triangle -electric b...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 8:05pm
by aa
m
momto3
parenting message boards
Hi just opened a message board http://s13.invisionfree.com/One_Stop_Cafe/index.php
Views: 137   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 7:50pm
by momto3
Childs concerns about death and seperation
My bright and funny 5 yr old daughter has become quite concerned about me dying before she does and things like my falling asleep and forgetting to call her in from outside playing etc. She began kindergarten three weeks ago, after two years of preschool and 4+ year...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 6:50pm
by Leeanne Schultz
4 1/2 year old boy
My 4 1/2 year old boy Louis has been in full time nursery since he was 3 months old. In the last 2 weeks he has been at school full time. He has turned from a well-behaved, well balance child into a little monster! - the change has been incredible . Is this a normal...
Views: 148   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 1:34pm
by angela
s
Sarah
Help
I have two boys aged 9 and 7. The 9 year old has problems learning, but is an ace chap and a real trier. The 7 year old, is very bright and will often manipulate the 9 year old, however has now started on a self-destructive pattern. He will not join in with things...
Views: 161   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 10:56am
by Sarah
crying son
hi, my son is 1yr& 2mos, i am proud to say that he is still on breastfeeding,but the problem is he is getting so attached to me.He cries a lot when i put him down to play or when i need to do something. Even when he is sleeping..he knows when i move away from him the...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 9:54am
by shae octaviano
Website opinions wanted
I've posted this query on a few marketing forums, hoping to get some expert feedback, but so far it's been mostly a lot of confusing and contradictory advice. Someone suggested that since the subject is a parenting website I should pose the same question to parents....
Views: 145   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 9:49pm
by Marika
j
JANE
BITING
Does anybody have any good advice on how to stop a 5 year old biting. Most of my friends children seem to have either never done it or grown out of "that phase" by the time they were 3 years old. She is a lovely little girl and such a delight in every way, but...
Views: 195   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 9:32pm
by JANE
m
Missy
behavior problem? wet and soiled pants
Help!!!!! My fiance has a 6 1/2 year old son who still wets and soils his pants. We went out last night for dinner and had a short trip home. When we got home he was soaked and went and sat down like nothing was wrong. 2 weekends ago we were on our way back home f...
Views: 193   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 9:21pm
by Missy
n
nikki
5yr behavior
My 5 yr old son (who turned 5 just 10 days before our school started) has had problems in school from day 1. His teacher is very strict and pulls a clip from green to yellow to red for behavior, with only two prior warnings. He has had his clip moved for things like...
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 9:15pm
by Marika
a
Amanda
5yr old listening skills
I am having so many problems with my five year old. She always insists on doing the exact opposite of what i ask her. If she makes a mess I ask her to clean it up and she ignores me...I ask again and still nothing...the third time I raise my voice and then she does...
Views: 130   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 9:01pm
by Marika
c
CJ
What's in an Afro American name?
Hello. I am currently a graduate student and am conducting research on why we choose the names we choose for our children. The focus of this research is Afro American names between 1940 and present; however, everyone who has named a child since 1940 is encouraged to...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 7:42pm
by CJ
potty training
Help - My son will be 4 next week, he has been potty trained for pee for a whole year with no accidents, poop is another story. About a month ago I played hardball, he was required to try several times a day and there was a train reward promised. He caught on in ab...
Views: 210   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 7:29pm
by Melissa Allen
step children
My husband and I have been married two years and our situation at home has not improved. His son at the age of 13 continually throws tantrums, backtalks, they fight and pout constantly. He thinks I should be able to help this situation. His son also sleeps with all t...
Views: 168   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2005 8:32pm
by Missy
d
deanne
Social skills? Are they Normal?
Hello: I took Kayla to her parent child class today and she didn't even bother with the other children she was in her own little world playing on her own, it was as if she was lost. Is this a normal behaviour for her age? I'm not worried or conncerned but sh...
Views: 170   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 17, 2005 11:22am
by Petal
d
deanne
weaning from a bottle
I just recently weaned my 21 month old daughter onto a sippy cup from the bottle cold turkey. She takes 16oz a day, 8 in the morning and 8 at night I also offer milk from a cup at lunch. Am I doing this right, should she be getting more? She is pettite and she...
Views: 138   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2005 8:51am
by Martine
Am I the only ones that think teens shouldn't pleasure themselves?
My mother used to hit my brother's "thing" whenever he was caught touching himself with a hairbrush. Now obviously I wouldn't go that far, but I don't think this is something teens should do. My 13yo is starting to do it. Every time I do the laundry there's stains al...
Views: 442   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 17, 2005 7:46am
by Jack
26 month old who isn't talking much
Hi, My 26 month old adoptive daughter is very vocal and happy, but she isn't saying many words. Here is a list of the words she knows Ma Ma (for my mother her grandmother, I am some sort of Nay Nay (for wendy)(note: me and my mom share guardianship) Bye-Bye Someth...
Views: 214   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 4:42pm
by Wendy Mason
d
Debbie
Is my 6 yr old a bully?
Lately my daughter has been accused of being a minipulative bossy sly little bully however the parent accusing her of this has been talking to some other parents i know that dislike me for reasons unbeknown to myself. I spoke to her teacher and she has said she has n...
Views: 204   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 11:19am
by Debbie
A Stepfather of a new born and having no children of my own.
Any thought about this situation. My Girlfriend is white I am black she is 18 I am 22 The bio father wants no resonsablity at all. How do I react to this I was there for her when she was pregnant and now I am still here where do I go with all this she loves me and I...
Views: 139   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 10:46am
by Jane
5 year old
my 5 year old cryes about ever thing? what can i do? if she dont get her way ,
Views: 155   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 10:41am
by Jane
k
Karen
Lonely at High School
My son has just started high school after being a very popular and settled child at primary school. He is so lost and lonely and has spent every night crying because he has no friends in his form, though he has gone with many from his own primary school. He is in a...
Views: 174   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 5:08am
by Petal
Wanted - Early Learning Centre - soft toy bear from the Naturals range.
Our 2 year old son lost his bear a couple of weeks ago and is distraught without it. It is about 8" tall and really soft, like a rag doll. ELC do not make them any more and there are none in any of the shops throughout the world - we've checked! So I am hoping th...
Views: 183   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 9:49pm
by Martin Cornford
5 year old
my 5 year old cryes about ever thing? what can i do? if she dont get her way , she dose not mune me at all, im just her gramal but i have had her sents she was 2 days old she dont have a mom or dad that cares for her, but back to the behaver problme, when she is...
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 8:42pm
by Debbie
d
deanne
Preschool
anyone in Oakville ontario here? I need some input on some preschools. Thanks
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 7:03pm
by deanne
d
deanne
I need help with feeding
I"m trying to loose the bottle that my daughter falls asleep with at nap and night. She is 21 months. she is constantly eating solid food and shows little to no interest in a bottle after her meals except after dinner and will drink about 6 oz of milk in the morning...
Views: 185   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 7:02pm
by deanne
anger
My 8 y old has started having problems with anger. she went through the normal temper tantrums when she was younger but over the last few months anything and everything sends her into a state of anger that noone can control. she throws things about, shouts and scream...
Views: 216   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 5:46pm
by Debbie
Play School Age
My child is 17 months old and I am trying to find out what is the suggested age of sending her to a play school. She is currently at home with a nanny while I work full day. She is happy and secure and I do not want to send her to early from a pschylogical point of...
Views: 192   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 4:59pm
by Debbie
Sleep problems with 5 yr old
Hi - I hope someone can help!! My 5 year old son has never been a good sleeper but once he started school last year he suddenly started being "normal". Went to bed nicely, slept all night - well until 6am - which is great for him, then two weeks before school start...
Views: 144   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 15, 2005 2:13pm
by Debbie Fossett
l
Lisa R
6yo dd and 9 yo ds -sleeping in same bed
6yo dd says she is scared to sleep by herself and wants to sleep with 9 yo ds. Hubby thinks this is no big deal. Is it, or am I just being overprotective?
Views: 195   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 9:51pm
by Karen
hand painted childrens furniture and gifts - feedback please.
Hello, I have just relaunched my website: http://www.helenbroadhead.co.uk and are wanting feedback please. I am constantly updating my products and will soon b adding height charts and personalised christmas tree decorations. Please can you let me know your thoug...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 4:12pm
by Helen Broadhead
s
Sally
getting dressed
My 6 year old throws a tantram every morning about geeting dressed. He tries on several different items of clothing and then cries with frustration. Getting clothes out the night before doesn't help as it seems he it is for attention and not because of the actual clo...
Views: 192   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 1:32pm
by Sally
r
Rod
Goodnites For Travelling
Im a single parent of 3 children, one 12, one 9 and one 7. I do alot of out of town work and the kids have to come with me. For longer trips when they were little I had them all wear goodnitesin the car(or plane in one case) they did fine and didnt have much of a pro...
Views: 208   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 6:00am
by Pat Karioski
j
jojo
behaviour at school
Hi, My yr1(aged 5) daughter seems to be in trouble at school quite a lot. She is quite bright and enjoys the work, but is having trouble with her peers. She is quite a strong willed child and I wonder if it is a control issue, with children wanting to be top-dog. I d...
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 5:06am
by Petal
m
Mike
18 month old w/diaper hand...
I have an 18 month old girl who is constantly putting her hand down her diaper. I've been keepping her in one piece jumpers so she won't be able to do it, but now she has learned how to get those off. Any ideas how to stop it? Should I stop it?
Views: 139   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 5:02am
by Petal
k
Kathy
Kindergarden Fear
My son is having a real hard time with Kindergarden. My usually happy, outgoing and spirited child is quite, withdrawn, and moody. He has been in daycare since 2 yrs old so I thought "K" would be a piece of cake. When I ask him about it he refused to talk about hi...
Views: 161   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 4:57am
by Petal
d
deanne
yea I'm so happy
My 21 month old finally fell asleep without the bottle. It only took an hour but I'm so happy for her. Thanks
Views: 147   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 4:09am
by Roberta
l
leigh
Does anyone have a son who plays Warhammer?
My almost 10 year old son has discovered Warhammer games. A seemingly harmless bit of fun where you collect miniatures, paint them, create scenes, and then play stragtegy games. We've recently discovered that the figures are almost 95% lead!!! So needless to say, he...
Views: 124   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 3:53am
by nisa
PROBLEM OF CHILD
Dear Sir I have two sons aged 11 and 8 years. Younger one has spects of about -10 power in both the eyes and is wearing glasses for the last four years. He always behaves very very childly and talks, behaves like aged 1-2 years. He screams and behaves childly a...
Views: 206   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 6:39pm
by DINESH KUMAR
l
lisa
crying 1st grader!
My 5 year old started 1st grade on tuesday but every morning when i drop him of at school he cies , says he has a stomach ache and makes him self vomit. I have tried talking to him . I dont know what i should do.
Views: 148   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 5:08pm
by Michelle
School Bus Fears
My son just started Kindergarten and has a real fear of the bus. This first day of school he was not on the list to drop off and consequently was driving around on the bus and the driver had no idea where to drop him, finally, thank God for school ID that he literal...
Views: 170   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 4:58pm
by Michelle
Providing Health Insurance
I'm a step father that has chosen to provide insurance for my step children. One may soon need heart surgery. Her father is court ordered to provide insurance and has remained in contempt of that order for years. He does not work and the support my wife recieves is p...
Views: 142   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 4:01pm
by Jillian
j
Jennie
3 year old daughter potty training nightmare...help
Hi, I have a daughter who will be four in november, i started training her at the start of May, She has been great at doing her number ones on the toilet but for the first while i found she was holding in her no 2 until her night nappy was on. I found this to be caus...
Views: 165   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 3:23pm
by Michelle
k
Kevin
My Daughter doesn't want to spend the week end with me
About three weeks ago my 8 year old daughter was crying missing her mother so much that I had to bring her home early from our weekly visit. I have had her every week end since her mother and I divorced 6 years asgo and before that I was a stay at home dad and was h...
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 1:06pm
by Roberta
j
Jilly
Cry baby
My 5 1/2 yr old daughter is constantly crying for really silly reasons. Maybe because her 3 year old brother snatched something off her, or because the cat (whom she adores) runs away when he sees her coming, or simply because she doesn't get her own way. I've trie...
Views: 180   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 12:01am
by cindy
other than spanking
I dont beleive in spanking but im wondering what some other ways to dicipline a child are. right now our kids are 12 10 and 9. we usually just take stuff away or give time outs or grounding, we sometimes take away supper or diaper them as punishment as well.
Views: 224   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 11:55pm
by cindy
l
liz
still wearing a nappy
My daughter is five in a couple of weeks and still goes to bed wearing a nappy. She shows no signs of stopping wetting it or wanting to stop. We have encouraged her to go without but she just wakes up wet. Now we just accept that she needs a nappy and don't make a fu...
Views: 242   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 11:48pm
by cindy
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Free Forum powered by Bravenet