Start a New Topic 
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
6yr old daughter cry's out of anger.
Im lost as to what to do. My 6yr old daughter seems to cry all the time. when her grandma approached her in the playground before school yesterday to ask her why she's crying yet again, her reply was because she is just so angry. It seems she is crying if someone o...
Views: 141   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 6, 2005 10:01pm
by Nicki
9 yo daughter fighting
I have an adorable 9 yo daughter who was almost a perfect angel up until this year when she did something that really shocked my husband and i. In a very unfortunate scenario we had an extended family outing at our house... the adults were upstairs and the kids were...
Views: 236   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 6, 2005 9:59pm
by I_eat_trees
HELP!!!!!!!
Hi! I have a 14 month old son. He has always been such a good boy. But, every since I sent him to a new daycare he has been acting really weird. He acts like they might spoil him to death at daycare. When he comes home he acts out when he doesn't get his way. I don't...
Views: 231   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 6, 2005 9:50pm
by I_eat_trees
Major issues with girlfriends teenage kids...MAJOR
I hope somebody can help in this situation. I am at my wits end. First some background info. I have been living with my girlfriend for about a year now. She has 2 kids still in the house and one that is out that is 18. She is a single mom and gets about zero hel...
Views: 168   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 6, 2005 9:47pm
by I_eat_trees
Household toxins
My wife and I have always been into health and wellness and developed this website to help others understand the dangers lurking in our homes... http://sunshine.kidsneedus.com It is a real eye opener and there is an email link to find out more info and how to mak...
Views: 138   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 5, 2005 5:50am
by Sherma Jeffrey-R...
Stopping midnight feed
My 10 months old still wakes during the night for a bottle. She is on formula and has 3 meals a day as well as mid morning and mid afternoon snacks. She has never slept through from day one. We share our home with my grandparents and cannont afford to leave her cr...
Views: 144   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2005 6:12am
by Chantelle
r
ron
my 3 half yr old daughter
I have a problem i need help with. My daughter is 3 and a half yrs old.And she is very independent a good girl that never whines or cries until her mom comes home from work. Then its non-stop whining and having to be by her mom crying about everything what can we do?
Views: 186   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 4, 2005 4:58am
by AR
d
donna
bossy girl
Hi I have got myself into a state over my 5year old bossy daughter, who is extremely loud,confident and BOSSY, she is slowly but surely getting out of hand and I want to know what other parents do with kids that dont listen or comply with rules, I havnt been able to...
Views: 353   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 3, 2005 10:10pm
by Debs
a
Alan
sleeping through the night
My son has just turned two. from day one this boy has never slept through the night. generaly between 11.00pm and 3.00am he will wake and cry for his mummy, it takes around an hour or so to settle him again and he sleeps through untill the morning. he's a happy and p...
Views: 149   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 2, 2005 4:25pm
by nicole
Questions concerning pregnancy and Infants
Could use some help. This is just to verify some things for a class, but I think that most of these questions may help people in wonder anyway. Help would be greatly appriciated. 1.) Crowning occurs in which stage of labor? 2.)A pregnant woman with high blood p...
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 2, 2005 2:04am
by Abbiegrrl
18month year old girl vomits to get her own way
Hi first time on, we have a little girl who is 18 months old, she is very close to her mum and when her mum is around my child has little or no time at all for her dad. The problem is that she constantly makes herself vomit in order to get her own way, i am worried...
Views: 210   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 2, 2005 1:00am
by KELLY
j
Julie
10 year old son - is scared to sleep in his room
My 10 year old son is coming in my room everynight, saying he is scared in his room. What can I do to stop this????? Any help is appreciated.
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2005 9:02pm
by Angela
Angry Boy
Hi there I am wondering what to do with my 3 yr old son. He is normally very well behaved, but when he does do something, and is sent to time out, he gets very angry and kicks and hits the door and wall and also yells out "I hate you Mummy, I hate you". I dont kno...
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2005 6:54pm
by Angela
getting rid of the bottle
My daughter is 19 months old, and I am desperate to get rid of the bottle. She only gets it when it is naptime or bedtime and empty, but I hate it that she is so dependent on it. We have both gone through a very difficult transition lately, but I think it has been...
Views: 198   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 31, 2005 10:13pm
by Adrianna Anderso...
z
zelma
Becoming a Family
I am 19 years old, and I have been living with my boyfriend for a year. About three months ago, I "inherited" my 5-year-old brother, and now we are a family. My brother really loves us, and thinks of us as his parents, but losing both of his parents was traumatic f...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2005 6:19pm
by zelma
k
kitty
Check this out
Brilliant UK site with loads of fun. http://www.mums-n-dads.com/forum
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2005 9:22am
by kitty
spanking to stop baby's crying?
I have a friend who says she gets excellent results by spanking her baby son when he cries, which gets him to stop crying. It sounds like it would make life pleasanter for the parents, but should we be concerned about any possible long-term effects on the baby? Are...
Views: 241   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2005 1:39am
by Miranda
k
kelly
6 year old daughter finds it difficult making friends
Hi all. I hope someone can help me! My daughter is 6 years old and has just told me that she hasn't got any friends at school. I'm heartbroken! It came as a complete shock to her dad and I as we feel that she's a very confident little girl who does really well at sch...
Views: 207   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 29, 2005 6:06am
by donna
Did I go to far
Last night I gave my 12 year old girl a spanking for the first time in her life. About 9 PM, I got a call from the local police, and they had arrested her for shoplifting. She had said she was going over to a friends house, then they would go to the libary. While...
Views: 387   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 29, 2005 5:56am
by donna
m
Millie
My child
My 8 year old daughter is very unhappy, she lives one week with her father and one week with me(her mother) she's been living this way since she was 7 months old, for the past year my daughter states she wants to come live with me full time, but her dad states she is...
Views: 269   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 10:11pm
by angelincanada
Toilet training
I am new here and was actually on here researching for my college course but i am also in a bit of a pickle with my recently 3 year old . I cannot seem to get him fully toilet trained . he is completely dry all day and soem nights (thougth as yet I havent tried him w...
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 10:05pm
by angelincanada
i'm raising someone else's kids!
For the last 2 months, I have been raising a 3 1/2 yr old boy and a now 8 month old baby boy. I spend approximately 55 hours per week with these children, sometimes over 70 hours per week. In the last 3 weeks, I have noticed many new behaviours in the 3 1/2 yr ol...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 9:38pm
by angelincanada
j
jenny
separation difficulties for 13 year old son
3 weeks ago I separated from my husband of 18 years under traumatic,unexpected,sudden circumstances during which our 13 year old son was present.Since then he will not have any contact at all with his father.I am struggling trying to find the right balance between en...
Views: 199   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 9:23pm
by Gracie
Two Year old girls
Hi everyone I'am re-establishing contact with my little girl who I havnt seen since she was & months she is now two and a half. I have little parenting skills and have bad role models for parents. I have no clue how I am going to relate to my daughter and I don't ha...
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 4:32pm
by Fiona
m
Mikey
www.parentschatterbox.com
Brand new website/message board forum devoted to parents, come visit at www.parentschatterbox.com Where Parents Come Together
Views: 161   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 3:54pm
by michelle nurray
b
BOB H
Need more help with a paper
Hello this is Bob H needing more help with some resaerch. I am looking for actual parents to give there words of wisdom on a various topics. 1)Do you feel your teen respects your decisios? why or why not? 2)Is your teens life more stressful then yours was at thei...
Views: 193   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 3:47pm
by Bob H
8 yr old daughter with negative poor me attitude
I have a daughter who is making me worried. She is the most negative child I have ever dealt with. I run a daycare, and she is my biggest challenge. She always has this poor me every one hates me attitude, and she will tell me she wishes she were dead. If the kids do...
Views: 223   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 1:14pm
by GleninHull
j
Julia
Halloween Presentation with illustrations
Hi, everyone, I have placed a short story about Halloween, where it came from and how it transformed. The story will be interesting to kids and adults. There are vibrant illustrations too. Have a good Halloween and welcome on our family's page. http://www.volko...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 4:46am
by Julia
too much sleep?
my 61/2 week old daughter slept from 9:15pm to 8:am thismorning. She usually sleeps between 7 and 9 hours a night. Should I be concerned? She has eaten 5oz between 8 and 12.
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2005 6:25pm
by christina
j
jammer
Bath time safety
I am here to ask you for your help. I am a student in the business school at Boston University. As part of a course a team of 7 students have to develop a product, which turned out to be a baby bathtime safety product. Basically I was wondering if I could borrow two...
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2005 12:32pm
by jammer
2 infants, different nap styles
Hi I'm watching two infants,different families, at one of their homes. One is 6 mo. the other 3mo. One needs to be put to sleep,and the other takes hours to go to sleep, past the point of overtiredness and becomes fussy for the entire time, disturbing the other. I c...
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2005 10:22am
by Fiona
p
Peter
15 year old daughter - where do I start?
My daughter used to have (up to age 12/13) drive and a will to do well for herself. In the past 3 months she has come home drunk twice and has gone missing overnight without any contact other than through a friends text (could be anybody) When she is grounded she fla...
Views: 235   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 10:28pm
by jane
k
krysta
My daughter's attitude
Hi! My name is Krysta. I have a problem with my 7 year old and her terrible attitude. When i ask her to do something she rolls her eyes followed by a "you're mean!" Her favorite phrase is "WHATEVER!!" I tell her she will have to go to bed early, i take privleges awa...
Views: 264   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 8:54pm
by krysta
d
DJones
Late Teen Son with ADD & Bipolar doesnt acknowledge need for meds
My son who is 19 was recently diagnosised with ADD and BI-Polar, we have tried many different counselors and he just tries to "beat them at their own game" like on figuring out why the doc is asking questions, and then not really working with the doctor. Right no...
Views: 196   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 7:23pm
by Mum of Teen
k
katey
Babysitter smoking around child
I have a problem,I hired a sitter for my daughter about a year ago, she is a wonderful woman,yet i asked her not to smoke around my child. I have noticed that she has completely ignored my request and in fact is smoking around her. I need to find a nice way to tell h...
Views: 557   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 4:19pm
by nicole
Confused about videogames age ratings and the like?
Hello I'm working on the launch of a new website - www.askaboutgames.com. The site is a new initiative from ELSPA, the trade association for the games industry, designed to educate consumers on age ratings of videogames. It also incorporates tips on safe play and...
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 3:51pm
by askaboutgames
l
Lori
hitting
My almost four year old son is quick to hit and growl and kids and adults when anything negative happens such as being scolded or sharing toys or not getting his way. It is affecting his social development in school and he is getting time outs daily. We do not hit hi...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 3:47pm
by Lori
Don't know what to do
I have an 18 month old girl and I know every child develops diffently. But she is still not talking and I read to her and she watches all the learning shows. She doesn't even say momma or dada...She knows everything I say to her though. Example the other nite I as...
Views: 251   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 12:18am
by Should I be worr...
b
Bob H
a student needs advice
Hi I'm a adolescent psychology student that was hoping to get some questions answered for a paper I am writing. 1)what are the biggest joys, and challanges for parenting teens? 2)How do you handle arguments with teenagers? 3)How do you feel about your teens getting...
Views: 169   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 9:47pm
by BOB H
Housework getting on top of you?
HOW CLEAN IS YOUR HOUSE? Do the demands of your new baby or children mean you are now a stranger to housework? If consequently your friends and family will no longer visit – then why not let Britain’s dream cleaning team dig you out from under the...
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 5:58pm
by Talkback UK
r
Renee
Low Self-Confidence
My son is 10 yrs old and his teachers tell me that he has low self-confidence, which is affecting his school work. He tends to work more slowly than the other kids and gets frustrated VERY easily and gives up. My question is, what can I do to fix this? Now that h...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 4:31pm
by Renee
k
Karen
11 Year Old Son
I'm a single parent of an 11yr old. been divorced for 8yrs & have raised him alone. The problem is that he's recently started lying to me, it's little things like forgetting to bring home his homework book because his teacher had placed a note in there for me, or tha...
Views: 176   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 5:46am
by DEE
k
Karen
4 year old lashing out a school friend
Our son is fighting with his best friend at school. The problems seems to be that they both start pushing, name calling etc, etc and our son then walks away (as we have advised him to). The trouble is his friend follows and continues the confrontation and our son g...
Views: 166   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 5:34am
by DEE
s
sarah
traumatic bathtimes
i am the mother of an almost 3 year old girl who is terrified of bathtime. she doesnt mind playing in the water, but i have to hold her down to wash her hair. i have tried letting her get her own hair wet with her own cup, showers, new toys, singing, etc, and nothi...
Views: 197   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 5:13am
by DEE
homework time
i have a 10 years old boy and he throws a fit when it is homework time he drags the homework out for hours and cries the whole time he can do the work but he wont
Views: 164   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 5:10am
by DEE
41/2 yr. old son can't amuse himself
My 4 1/2 year old son wants me to play with him all the time. I am a stay at home mom, juggling a nine month old and a 4 year old and I want to know how much I should give in to his requests for constant attention from me and how to explain I'm too exhausted and don...
Views: 261   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2005 11:05pm
by Brenda Keahey
New Child Protection Technology
Hello, My name is Brad, I am an engineering student at Lehigh University. Over the past year, we have been developing personal security location technology that is designed for children of all ages. Our hope is to make this technology readily available so that all...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2005 4:47pm
by Brad Bartkowski
w
wands
Sibling rivalry
Im having to teach my family development class this coming thursday on sibling rivalry. Im in need of two example situation for the class to solve about sibling rivalry. can you help
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2005 2:42am
by Debs
r
Rosy
HELP
My mother-in-law who visits every three weeks with her husband is a hyper active Nanny who my 2 year old worships. They have stayed with our daughter whilst we have the occasional weekend break away It's playtime from start to finish of the visit. My daughter has e...
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2005 9:28pm
by gracie
j
Joanne
Major problems with 6 year old daughter
Hi. I am having major problems with my 6 year old daughter. She cries most of the time and refuses to listen or do as she is asked. The list is endless. I am unsure if it could be adhd but school have said that there are no problems there. She is having nightmares mo...
Views: 279   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 22, 2005 9:08am
by Joanne
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Free Forum powered by Bravenet